Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

update on my $20 B210

LOKI_130

started the dismantle phase today, i'm a happy camper ! everything came apart like it was just built yesterday. no broken bolts or skin. the desingners did an excelent job with this model, as everthing was easily accesible. total time was about 3 hours to tear down and label the parts. still have some prep work on the frame to do before it goes out for sand blasting, and i'm not sure if it's worth the work to seperate the rear from the frame for this. but i think i will. ordereding all the motor parts this weekend from on of this sites sponsers, and it should only take me a few days to do the motor when they arrive. i'm not a member here yet, so can't post pics yet, but if you want to see the progress, i have some pics in my album at myspace (link deleted) thanks for all the help so far. tom Edit Non paying users are not allowed to post pictures nor post links to personal pictures sorry guys, didn't know i couldn't post a link, if you want to see them, send me a personal message, and i'll reply with the link

Since you are already in the process of restoring one of these fine tractors, why not join the club, it will be the best ten bucks you ever spent. The members here are knowledgable and willing to share their experience with other members.

I wish mine would come apart that fast. I'm working on a steering wheel now that will likely take 6hrs by the time I'm done getting it off.

Chris, I got my steering wheel off by using heat. I had to be careful not to melt the rubber coating. Then finished it off using a pulley puller and a piece of plywood to protect the rubber.