Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Storm7012

My ebay buy

Storm7012
I got this last Sunday on ebay. Can't wait to pick it up and see what I got. The guy said its not ran for two years but did when it was put up. Its got a flat tire,that will make it easy to load.LOL

Tacey
If that was a little closer, I was going to bid. What did that go for, wasn't it about $400? If I recall, I thought you got a good buy, and a very neat tractor/attachment outfit. I really like those old Simplicities. Good luck with your new tractor. Did you buy it to fix-up and use, or what? We expect better pics when you get it home ;). Tacey

RedbarnRick
Take a 5 foot length of electric wire with you and an air source, wrap the wire down the center of the tire and twist it tight with a screwdriver then try to fill with air. Once those narrow tires sit for a while they pull free from the bead and you need to reseat them before you can fill them with air. I had the same problem with the last tractor I picked up. oh yeah you have to have the tractor jacked up to do this so bring a jack too, it's a lot easier to load without a flat tire and you might not have to remove the attachments.

Storm7012
quote:
Originally posted by RedbarnRick
Take a 5 foot length of electric wire with you and an air source, wrap the wire down the center of the tire and twist it tight with a screwdriver then try to fill with air. Once those narrow tires sit for a while they pull free from the bead and you need to reseat them before you can fill them with air. I had the same problem with the last tractor I picked up. oh yeah you have to have the tractor jacked up to do this so bring a jack too, it's a lot easier to load without a flat tire and you might not have to remove the attachments.
Thanks I'll try that. I'm planning to fix it up and use it. There just not fun if you don't work it. I got it for $360.01.

4xbill
Nice ride! I was watching that too. A little too far away for me. Glad you got it. As for the tire, bring an extra set of front tires with you. Even is it's not the right size, it's easier than pushing a flat tire.

perry
quote:
Originally posted by 4xbill
As for the tire, bring an extra set of front tires with you. Even is it's not the right size, it's easier than pushing a flat tire.
i was thinking the same thing. definitly easyier to bring extra tires. right hand lift lever....ooooohhhhhhhh:drl:drl

Storm7012
I'm working all weekend so I ask the guy next door to me if he was busy. He's going to go up Saturday and pick it up for me. Some of you guys know him,he was a member for awhile, Conrad Powell. He's the one that told me I needed to get an old Simplicity or Allis when I bought this place.

ghwrenchit
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome
Have you figured out how you are going to put running boards on that tractor?
Ok.... I have to ask without searching, where did they expect you feet to go?? Please don't beat me over this (?) sm01sm01 Thanks Greg

Storm7012
Got it home Saturday. Today is the frist day off I've had since Conrad got it. I had it running,but have carb issues. Needs a right side cover,rust hole in mine. So,if anyone has one let me know. But all in all I'm pretty happy with it. I my use it some this winter and start the work of repainting and all that come spring.

Storm7012
Okay,need some help. I need to know the carb rebuild kit I need. The engine tag is on the front and till the weekend I don't have time to remove it. Thought one of you guys may know and save me the trouble of it. Heres a few pics of it in my barn.