Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bubba_t _flubba

B1 serial number

bubba_t _flubba
I have received a B1 from my brother who is no longer with us. The serial number is 10730AC. From what I have found is that this was probably made in 1962, can someone help me with some more information on the date? I have everything except the engine ( I have the oil pan and gen-starter). He was in the process of replacing the rod and piston when he died and I believe the engine parts were scraped (what a shame). I am looking for a engine that would fit. Along with the tractor I have a belly grader and front plow. Thank you for any information that you may be able to help me with.

Chris727
I think AC didn't keep records on the lawn and garden serial #s. I believe I read that there is a date on the transmission casting but I can't remember for sure. Another way to track it down would be to look in the registry for tractors with serial #s before and after yours which still have original engines to obtain a date from, then you can figure about when yours was made.

dirtsaver
Good tip Paul! I'll have to check my stock of trannys and see if that also holds true for later models. Greg I've been told by those in the know(factory folks and collectors)that about the best you can hope for dating our tractors is two or three year balpark. The best date info is the engine(if still with the tractor)and even that is guesswork because a Briggs engine built in June 1965 may not end up in a tractor until 1967 or 1968. Larry