Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Mikedinma

B-series Black Paint

Mikedinma
I noticed that the B-112 that I regularly use was in need of some cosmetic work. I found the yellow paint codes here on the site and also saw that the transmission should be a flat black. I'm unsure as to what color the upper portion of the grille and headlights were originally (gloss/ semi-gloss black)? As with most projects of this nature, taking things apart lead to other items that I'd like to fix/ replace. I spent a good deal of time today in hardware bins looking for replacement nuts, bolts, etc... to replace the corrode pieces. This has also lead to replacing brittle wires and wire insulation. If I could just get the wife to go along with it, I'd take the whole tractor apart..... Thanks for the help. Mike

FiremanRon
i painted my lawn tractors tranny gloss black and it looks really nice. I looked at it originally and it looked to be fairly glossy. Your tractor may have come with a flat black tranny and you many want it that way with prefrence. As for the headlight im unsure.

Kent
Mike, My B-210 has a shiny black running gear, not flat black. As far as I can tell, the top portion of the grille is a flat black mesh, and the bottom part of the grille is a shiny silver mesh... I may be wrong, but that's what I determined and that's what I painted mine.... Kent

dlcentral
The old stuff was gloss black.I believe they went to semi gloss for the 7100/900 units.maybe mid 80's.Because that's when the attachs were painted semi gl. blk.to match