Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
LOKI_130

change of plans

LOKI_130
finally got around to opening up my blown 243431, and was disheartend by the findings. the connecting rod was reduced to rubble. the crank jornal was destroyed, and the piston was mushroomed on the bottom, from being struck by the rod. also, where the cylinder extends below the block (about 1/4 inch) a piece was broken off. i'm told by a few techs. that this would not be an issue. while searching for a new crank, i came across a 25 Hp v-twin. and the "tim taylor" syndrome kicked in. "MORE POWER !!" My $25 B 210 is going to become a B 225 with with a front end loader. i already removed the old attachment lift assembly, and fabricated one that extends through both sides of the frame, and has ball joint ends. rather than using the standard chain for lifting the grader blade, i made bars from 3/4 " round stock, so the hydro lift system can apply down force to the blade. but chains can still be used to allow the mower deck to "float".

Dark
sounds like a fun upgrade but you should post pictures so we can follow. the ten bucks is way more valuable with the information you get back in return. :o)