Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JP

This Site.....

JP
I usually never start a post here, Mostly try to answer questions & Help out. I wanted to take a minute to thank a few club members that without flinching an eye, helped me out. Not a little, mind you... A LOT! First, 'Ibelee'. I had gotten a Pmax/616 in NJ (I'm in MI!) & posted an ad on the 'transportation' page. Lee answered the ad, He asked if if I was in a hurry (Me? Hey, "Start off SLOW & Taper off is my motto!" LOL) & If I wasn't, he was going up that way on a tractor run to pick up some 'other' stuff. Then he was going to go to a show in western PA & I could meet him there. Sounded like a plan! Well, the guy I had gotten the 616 from lived on a street that had ANOTHER street named the same! The only way to know was the series of numbers were different on each street (Who'd a thunk!). Of course, Lee had to look on BOTH streets (the streets were NOT connected!). Well, HE found the place, BUT the guy left it in a tight spot by a piece of equipment & some other stuff. So Lee had to take off the trailer & 'go in' with his truck to drag the 616 out. Did I mention it didn't run & no steering wheel? Lee had only seen pictures of the 'Onan powered' Allis & dragging it on the trailer proved to be a good story. Oh, did I mention it has a tiller & mower deck? Lee took it all in stride. Now Enter 'Fronkie'. I had let Greg use my trailer to pick up his new 620. He just kept the trailer in OH. I was thinking I'd drop in to get it (remember the 'show in western PA'?)then meet Lee. Well, the summer just 'got away from me' & The show came & went... Well, I had mentioned to Greg about the 'Plan', then Greg offered to meet Lee in a show in Columbus & take the 616 home. GREAT! Then Greg started thinking of 'Turkey Day' & meeting family on the western side if OH. "Heck, I'll see if I can take the wayward 616 with me & Drop off the trailer AND the 616!". I just got back from meeting Greg (His gracious Wife & two children) at the Flying J in Toledo! It's guys like these two that make this club! Helping out when AND how they can! I sincerely thank both of YOU!

wumby
When I bought my AC 620 from D- 17 (Dave), he offered to bring it to me in Arizona on his way to the Spring race (NASCAR) at Phoenix. That alone was worth a LOT of money to me. I have thanked Dave and am willing to help others when I can, (ain't a lot of AC/Simplicity tractors here) but when I can, I will help. I saw Dave at the last NASCAR race in Phoenix and we had some good conversations. I just purchased a 9020 Simplicity and will pick it up in CA in 2 weeks. Soon as I get it, I will post photos. Thanks again Dave and all the rest of the club for all the information . I've learned a LOT from this site and it's the best $10.00 I've ever spent. Thanks again. Mike