Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Started on B-110 refurbish

GWGAllisfan

In a previous post I told the story of my latest acquisition, a backyard fresh, B-110. While it looked really good from 10-15 feet away, as I began to disassemble and clean it, It became clear that at least some re-paint was in order. So as i go through this I will post some of the story, hopefully for your enjoyment, maybe amusement:D, but hopefully not by way of example what not to do! After a couple of weekends of unbolting incredibly filthy parts, finally today I was able to get out the sander, and the wire wheel on the angle grinder, go out in the yard and start cleaning off old paint and rust. Tonight I have this:
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_2094_smaller.jpg[/img]
Paint is ACE rust stop, Cat yellow, several thin coats The seat pan has the paint off of it, but I need to get some rust converter before I paint it.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_2093_smaller.jpg[/img]
I'll keep posting as I go along...Getting time to work is a problem, especially this time of year.

Looking good Randy !! Looks like you got your ambition going in the right direction . Keep up the good work, I'm a little behind in my tractor projects so far. I still haven't even gotten the winter fleet ready yet :O Soon though :D I'm almost caught up Thanks for the pics.

Looks real nice so far. Makes me wish I had some shop time on my tractors. On a side note I did get some new rear tires for my D-17 on this week and did several hrs of bush hogging getting the fence lines cleaned up for the year. Boy they sure don't give those away.

Good start Randy. You got some of the 'least fun' stuff done. About decided I'm gonna have a good pressure washer before I do another one.