Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JordB110

What is it worth?

JordB110
I found a B-112 for sale. I drove it and it seems to run fine, the vari-speed works great. As near as I can tell, everything is original. The paint is a little faded but not bad, original decals and stripe on hood. The motor is original. There are no dings or dents in the sheet metal and no scratches in the paint. It also comes with an original 48'' deck in excellent condition.

i wouldnt pay over 350.00 for it i bought one abought the same shape for that amount

sask
In my area of Michigan north of Detroit one like you described would go for about $450 at a Simplicity dealer. It should be worth as is the condition you described $300-$400 depending just how bad you want it. The vaible drive in some cases might be a draw back but then some people love them as long as its working good like you stated. If it doesn't burn oil and everything is tight such as the steering and no play in the bevel gear box would make my mind up in a hurry. If you have someone that is mechanically inclined or a dealer that has a mechanic you could pay to look at it during off hours it might be worth every cent. Checking for play in the axle shaft and axle tube is a must as if either is bad that would almost be the price of the tractor. I almost expect win buying a used Simplicity tractor of the older ones of having to put some bucks in it "but" its still cheaper then a new one. What does the owner want for it if you don't mind me asking not that its any of my bussiness but its sometimes nice to see just how much they are going for in certain area's of the country. Best of Luck, >>->happyjack<-<<

Kent
Here in New York it would probably bring $400 to $500 dealer asking price would probably be $500 to $ 600 but you know how that goes

I got mine for $400, it wasn't in as good a shape as what you describe though. It came with a 42" plow, 42" blower, 48" mowing deck, new chains, wheel weights, and a big chunk of concrete in a custom holder on the back of the tractor. The original engine had also been swapped out 2 or 3 years previous with a new 16hp B&S. The tractors been great and for me worth every cent. It can be a little workshop at times, but for the most part it's a rugged piece of work equipment.