Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-112 Stinger Mod.

FastPaul

Started working on the snow crew this morning . The weight box on the B-112 dosen't allow room to use the stinger or the lift device .The way it was made you had to remove the lift and put in a straight rod. So I got thinking, cutting and welding ,I cut out the center piece of the box and put some gussets on the back side for support Then I had to cut up the lift and reweld it higher ,I also had to bend the handles on the weighs and the stinger had to be bent to It's much easer to lift the blower now,Plus a little more weight won't hurt for traction This is a pic. from last season

A little paint an a A/C decal I think where good to go :D

I still have to do a PM and put the snow cab on , Elon I think your a little ahead on me :O:O

Paul, I have been out in the shed every night last week, and I had four day's off to play. Of course my wife and kids, almost forgot what I looked like when I finally came in.:D Oh I got one cab on tonight too. Is yours still on the floor?? :D

will that do anything to any of the attachments for the spring time ?? or are you just going to fix it when spring comes???

quote:
Originally posted by mooseman3210
will that do anything to any of the attachments for the spring time ?? or are you just going to fix it when spring comes???
No the lift that I cut up will just be for the winter setup, I have a few spares kicking around that I can replace it with for the summer .

quote:
Originally posted by joshuaareed
Very nice job Paul, Is this your Baby when it comes to winter work?
Well lets just say this is the first A/C tractor that I got that started this whole madness, Also this is a worker of a tractor I can always depend on :D A very rugged Machine

Nice tractors Paul. Just one question. Where could a fellow find that Allis Chalmers decal on the back of your B-112 seat pan? That looks real good.....Richard

quote:
Originally posted by tillerman
Nice tractors Paul. Just one question. Where could a fellow find that Allis Chalmers decal on the back of your B-112 seat pan? That looks real good.....Richard
Rich Talk to Mark at Wells He's a very nice guy to deal with, you can buy a whole set or just one decal This is the link http://www.wellsimplement.com/lawn.htm