Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A Little Thanksgiving Tractoring

MPH

After 3368 miles through the plains, over the rivers and around the mountains from grandmothers house, a trip to Fairbanks airport, a flt from Fl and a rented car from anchorage and a flt from Albq to Chyenne, my faimly was all together for Thanksgiving. ^ Wednesday I decided to wash the road trip off the PT while Nick was dragging the driveway with the LL, he got his camera out and caught me in the act. I was tapped into my 350 gal hot water tank8D

then told me to smile

After everone worked together to put on a Thanksgiving Dinner 'that couldn't be beat', We decided to cut down some bettle kill in the yard and have a bon-fire. Tony grabbed the saw.

Melinda worked the hardest pulling them into the yard

As you can tell, she got pretty stressed out from working so hard

This is what was left of the fire after dark, we were all to full yet to roast marshmallows as intended.

Nick took pictures and Elizabeth stayed in the warm house. We finished the nite off with a nice hot saunna. Great day

That looks like a great day of family working and playing together, just the way it should be. I had intentions of a bon-fire for the granddaughters, but we were blessed with cold rain just short of sleet.:(! You made some great family memories that day. All that help and only one tractor being put to work? Must have had a lot of extra energy. :)

I just wanted to say WOW that is a true Family holiday . I think you have the right idea on thanksgiving . It's about Family it took a lot of work and time for all the family to get there but i bet someone will talk about that thanksgiving for years . What a great day thank you for Sharing your holiday with us ...

Sorry Storm, didn't mean to make you feel bad. Somehow I got a pretty good bunch of kids, and yes Roy, they are related to me, why do you think they do such crazy stuff^^:D The headlite on the LL is dirty from the muffler, this one has the holes in the side, if I set it miss the headlite it blows on the carb. Gonna fix that someday:I

My hot water tank is plumbed into/through my wood stove I heat the house and shop with Peter. Hot water is merely a by-product of staying warm 7 months outta the year.^ Reason for the 350 gallon tank is it was a freebie^^ I do burn bettle kill but I prefer firekill spruce [after a forest fire] as it is basicly killin-dried standing up, very little limbing left to do and rings when you hit 2 pieces together. Alaska's "Prime" firewood.

As always great to hear from our Northern state. I think that is why they call it Thanksgiving. Sure is white up there already.

Hey Marty I figured out how you got your family up there for Thanksgiving LOL THANKSGIVING DIVORCE A man named Marty calls his son in Albequerque and says, "I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough. "Pop, what are you talking about," the son screams. "We can't stand the sight of each other any longer", Marty says."We're sick and tired of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her." And he hangs up. Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. "Like heck they're getting a divorce, she shouts. I'll take care of this." She calls Alaska immediately, and screams at Marty, "You are NOT getting divorced! Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then don't do a thing, Do you hear me?" And she hangs up. Marty hangs up his phone, smiles and turns to his wife..... "They're coming for Thanksgiving and paying their own way."