Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powermax solenoid

JMAC

I need to replace the solenoid on my tractor and was wondering if anyone has a source for these?Also,does anyone know if a pdf is available to download for the Onan,such as parts and repair?UCD,i figure with your vast wealth of material on AC/Simplicitys you would have something a person could use.I am surprised how simple it really is to pull these motors,i spent less than hour the other nite and need about another half hour and it will be out. I plan on calling Al Eden and getting his relay kit also.Thanks in advance for any help. Jerry,

Jerry, We can get most of the starter parts and starters through the starter and alternator part of our shop. There are several numbers, but usually we can get what you need. If you are interested and want to send the starter, we can turn the armature and put new brushes and bushings in it. If the fields are bad, in most of the numbers for these, the fields are aluminum and the pole pieces that hold them in are welded into the case. This makes the fields not replaceable in these units. Al Eden

Thanks for the quick responses guys.Levi,i now have those on my thumb drive.They are very helpful.Al,i will call you when i get it out and see what i have.This is still the best site for info and help.I have a used JD snowblower i would like to find a parts manual on pdf but haven't found a way to yet,i guess they want you to pay for everything.Sure glad i had enough sense to buy my Powermax instead of some other brand.Thanks again.Jerry