Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

B10 Paint, Mower Deck Belt Size, Mower Deck Repair

I recently purchased an early 1960's AC B10 Serial#023432. It is painted two tone Orange and Cream over yellow prime. Was this a factory paint scheme? It has the bumble bee B-10 logo and the AC on the Front Grill. It also came with a 42inch mower deck, what would the correct size/length VBelt for this attachment? Their are two drive pulleys on the tractor, are they both for the mower deck for running at a fast or slow speed or for another attachment? The mower blades do not rotate freely, what is the best way to lubricate the spindles? I recently joined the club, thanks for alot of good information and pictures. Max

Kent
Max, First. The "primer" was probably the original color. Look at the AC pictures in this site, the original color is yellow with "off white" wheels. Second, I do not know the exact belt size for the mower deck drive for the B10, some else will surely get you that. The larger drive pulley is for the mower deck the smaller is for the sickle mower attachment. Third, as for the spindles or arbors on the mower deck, many decks came with "zerk" fittings on the arbor housing. Like myself if you have one that did not (came with sealed bearings) I installed the zerks with my first arbor rebuild. If you disengage the belt on the deck the blades should rotate pretty freely, with the belt tightened the blades will not spin free. With the belt loose check each arbor for any kind of play up and down and side to side and how it sounds. Any play or it sounds noisy, grindy, squeaky, you will need to replace the arbor bearings and maybe more. Good Luck, Mike