Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3112V - How much should I pay?

kevindb85

I have not seen it yet,{I know it's hard to give a value w/o seeing it} but the owner says good cosmetically, mows good but not running right now. Says carb problem. Has been sitting for a year. Problem is it could be anything wrong with the engine, who knows? Is this a model that I could part out and get my money back if it would be too expensive to get it going? How much of a demand is there for this model? I've looked it up so I know it has to be a '67-'69 model. Any wisdom appreciated!

I went to look at it today. What a mess! Yeah it had carb problems, it didn't even have one! His idea of the paint being "not mint but pretty good" in reality was fully rusted! No lights, weights, or anything to help redeem it. Needless to say, I didn't bring it home.

It's interesting to see what people think these tractors are worth. The rule of thumb is... "What I have is gold, what you have is scrap" ha ha ha. Tacey

From your description, $75.00 sounds generous! Years ago, I looked at a B10. Pretty much complete, had been sitting outside a number of years. Had a plastic gas tank on it, because the original one was full of rust, and lying next to the tractor. Didn't run, but of course it just needed a simple repair, points adjusted I think they said. Came with a mower deck, which was rusted up, a snowblade, and a rear grader blade, which is all I really wanted. Seller says "make an offer". So I say $50.00, figuring I could go up if we were close. I picked my jaw up off the ground when the owner said "I was thinking more like $700.00!" Then he goes on to say how they've seen restored B10's going for $1500-$2000.00. I told him "well, you know what you've got", and walked away.;)

I paid $200 for one this summer but it came with a tiller 42 inch blower mower and hydro lift.Put in a different gas tank and carb and it works good and no smoke. I thought it was a good deal. Bob