Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cab's on!!!!!

ehertzfeld

Looks like you'll be comfy again this winter Elon^ Has anyone come up with anything to spray or rub into these old cabs to soften them enough to flex again?

Elon, Nice pictures i not sure if this would but has anyone ever tried the old glove grease it always keep the old glove soft and supple?? Just a thought ..

Hi Glad to hear you got the cab on! I got the blower on my 1920 but I am waiting for the dealer to get the cab in. Hopefully it will be soon! Take Care Jason B

Elon, Think your opportunity to blow snow is now in the process of arriving. Have fun. Marty, Soak them in Armor-All. That works in the South. But, I'm not sure anything will soften them at extremely cold temperatures. All depends upon the quality of vinyl used to make them.

Armor-All and vinyl dressings are essentially liquid polymers that soak into the vinyl to replace the polymers that have evaporated out over time. The window film that develops in cars with a lot of vinyl in the interior is from the evaporated polymers.

When I bought the toneau cover for my pickup, I was told that I should "never" use Armor-All on it. There is some component in the Armor-All mixture that causes the vinyl to shrink. The dealer recommended several other vinyl dressings, but said to stay away from Armor-All or it would shrink beyond usable shape. He said that was a recommendation from the company who makes the toneau covers. Just relaying what I was told. I've never put any dressing on it and it has held up well.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
When I bought the toneau cover for my pickup, I was told that I should "never" use Armor-All on it. There is some component in the Armor-All mixture that causes the vinyl to shrink. The dealer recommended several other vinyl dressings, but said to stay away from Armor-All or it would shrink beyond usable shape. He said that was a recommendation from the company who makes the toneau covers. Just relaying what I was told. I've never put any dressing on it and it has held up well.
I used Armor-All on my tonneau cover. When I sold the truck, it was badly cracked, peeled. It sat in the sun all the time. Not sure if it was the UV, or the Armor-All, but it was in bad shape.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Cmon Elon, you're just bragging cause you have two cabs and I don't even have one.:(
Who me????}:)}:)}:)}:):D:D:D:D

NICE looking cabs. So, Elon, how much snow you got there in CT now? Are you any warmer there in the cab or "just" out of the wind? Northern MN (PatRarick and I) we have 14" if I add right. No cab and the blower isn't working yet. What, me worry?

Being in a cab is a tab bit warmer, but it's mostly being out of the wind and blowing snow. We go a 1/8 of an inch of ice here, and just flurries a few times. That is all at the moment.

Good looking cabs Elon! But I think you should use some kind of vinyl dressing to soften them up a little. Did someone already say that? LOL}:):o):D

quote:
Originally posted by 4xbill
Good looking cabs Elon! But I think you should use some kind of vinyl dressing to soften them up a little. Did someone already say that? LOL}:):o):D
Wise guy!:D