Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cojo92

627 Back-firing...carb problem??

cojo92
I just got a Yeoman 627 on ebay friday night and it has a little backfiring to it. Mark told me to turn the thing on the carb and it worked ut it was loud as hell!!! so i put it back to the way it was and now it sounds all [img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored.gif[/img]tyy... CAN ANYONE HELP ME!??!?!???? THANKS! :D PS. Mark put a post for me asking how to add headlights without the battery to my yeoman...Please check it out. Mike

2burning
Well, if it was a choice between running well but really loud, or running bad and sounding quieter but bad, I would choose running well but loud :> So maybe if you can tell us a little more, someone may be able to help. So what state is it in now, does it backfire when idling, or pulling a load, or when it is hot, or when it is cold, or when you open the throttle, or when you shut it down while it is hot, which screw on the carb did Mark have you turn, in or out, etc.?

D-17_Dave
There isn't anything on the carb. that would make the engine sound louder except for the throttle. Of course if you increase the throttle ot will be louder. As for the backfiring, if it's too lean it will backfire but should do so mostly when you throttle down. If it's much more lean than this it won't run right and you should see this in poor acceleration and other loading problems. If the backfiring is somewhat constant then I'd look at other things such as a bad plug or some other ignition issue. The other possibilities could be heavy carbon buildup inside the combustion chamber or if the engine has sat for a long time a sticking vavle. I have also seen a loose exhaust valve seat cause this but that would be worst case. Mike, you might also try to use a few different words to describe what the syptoms are.

cojo92
Ok Thanks Guys...yeah i feel realy stupied now cuz ihad relized i was playing with the throttle.lol. well i cant realy explain wat it is doing but...i have a video on Youtube. here's the link: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rauFsxhq2A8[/url] I will try to explain it tommorow or saturday. THANKS EVERYONE!

cojo92
LOL...Not yet but hopefully this weekend with my dad.
quote:
Originally posted by joshuaareed
Wow you need a helmet cam, I was getting dizzy after about a minute and a half. LOL!!! looking good Mike, did you get the battery for the headlights yet?