Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ford

Going, Going, Gone

rsnik
Sunday I saw a factory repair manual that I have seen go for $80 in the past and for which I paid $50 for a copy last spring go for $2.50. Recently I saw a good planetary drive for a shuttle go for $9.95 at Joe's Outdoor Power. I paid $50 for the same item a year ago. I could give a dozen more examples (I know what you're thinking, yeah, examples of how a fool and his money are soon parted, LOL!) No fooling, I think antique tractors and parts are coming down in value very rapidly. I know I am pulling in my horns and letting the tractor money cookie jar fill up. I think more bargains on really nice dream tractors may be coming over the horizon soon. Heh, heh, imagine a clearance sale over at fastpaul's house!

drewa10
Guys, it's a double edged sword with places like Joes. If you need a part you may be able to find it but if you're in his area it drives up the cost of buying a complete machine. I hope you're right about the prices... I'd love to get another toy!^

Tacey
quote:
Originally posted by rsnik
No fooling, I think antique tractors and parts are coming down in value very rapidly. I know I am pulling in my horns and letting the tractor money cookie jar fill up. I think more bargains on really nice dream tractors may be coming over the horizon soon.
I agree rsnik. I'm guessing the high cost of fuel has something to do with it. Also, high parts prices brought a lot of parts out of hiding. Increase the supply, decrease the demand, and prices should come down. Tacey

4xbill
Tacey, I think fuel cost is part of it. I know it is for me. But the other thing is that it is holiday shopping time and folks are spending on other stuff. I know, personally, I've passed on alot of items on ebay in the last 3 weeks. It's killing me, but the family gets toys before Dad gets toys. The only thing i've bought recently is a belt for the snow blower.