Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cab Questions---Progress

MPH

Seeings how I had this outside today

Decided checking out the cab was a good plan. Maynard's frame pic couldda been real helpful if I had that style of cab. Since I don't, I put it together the way things seemed to fit, which left me with a few questions, like am I missing a few pieces of the puzzle" Best I can figure I need to cut the piece off the yard stick is pointing at and make pieces like Maynards pic shows

From Fast Pauls post on his inside spout control I thing I have this piece figured for location and need to make one more

Guessing I'm missing a piece for each side for this flap to wrap around.

Piece to where the yard stick is in this pic. The yoke piece I'm finding no home for.

Ben traced a pattern of the foot rest pieces I need to make also. These two holes have me puzzled, mussta been used because the top has been repaired with duct tape.

Also discovered I need to make one of the door hinges that bolt to the cross brace, don't look too tough. Thanks to anyone who shares pics or answers to help out . Think it's easier to rebuild a tranny, this is like body work.

It looks like that cab is for a RBT. Here is a few shot of the one I'm using.

If you don't want to drill hole in your seat pan, four clamps work great. Hope these help.

Marty, Don't know if it'll help, but if you use MFG#1693269 at the Simplicity manual site, you'll get snow cab installation instructions for a Sovereign/900/2800 tractors. It does have a parts pic and parts list. Good luck with the assembly. And some other cab MFG#s (haven't looked any of these up): 9900282 winter 9900283 summer 1690471 1690496 1690681 1691780 1691981 1692083 1692241 1692242 1692629 1692659 1692807 1692857 1692926 soft side 1692933 hard side 1693660 deluxe hard 1693661 universal soft side 1694152 soft side 1694401 deluxe hard 1694402 deluxe soft 1694676 deluxe hard 1694680 soft side 1694921 soft side 1695067 soft side

After doing several slow loading PFD files seems anything you listed before #1692659 finds no Match Bill. Everything after that is for the newer tractors and one walkbehind. Elon, seeings how yours looks the same as what I have, can I trouble you to measure the full length of the front post and also the distance from the top to the cross-brace tabs and how long they are. If i get them made I can move on. For tonight think I'll give it all a shower then saddle soap it. Armor all is all I found in Tok town today.

I can't be of much help since my Sunstar cab is quite different. However as to that yoke piece, my cab has one very similar to it. The yoke sets down around the steering column, with the two forked rods going up to the frame just below the windshield for bracing.

OK here goes, the side post is 45 inches from the top to the bolt hole were the bottom bracket bolts on. The bottom bracket is 6 inches to the bent, then another 6 and a half to the end. Now from the top of the side post to the center of the bolt hole were the door and the lower windshield bracket it 20 inches. Now going down is 25. I hope this helps. It should be the same as your other post, so if my measurements, don't make sense, you could always copy the one you have. Please let me know if you need any other measurements or pictures. Good luck

Steve, that link seems to be the same as the one Bill posted fo his, lot of different parts then what I have. Thanks Elon, those are the measurements I needed. I don't have an 'other side' to copy, both of the front posts are missing. Picked up 2 different types of viynle window material today. Ak tent and tarp quoted me 160 bucks to copy a new front, I put the snaps in and 80 bucks for a new rear, I don't think so. Gonna patch this one together to see what I may need to modify for the hydro lift and B-112 fit then go from there.

From the PFD file I just learned I'm suppose to have a top door hinge too. I have one middle one, bottoms look to be the same, but I can't tell what the top one is suppose to look like, Pic anyone?? thanks Well, let's make that two -- Is the top of the cab suppose to sit level with the floor?

Marty, the top and bottom hinges are bolted to the cab, the middle is apart of the door. I'm in for dinner right now, but when I go back out, I'll snap a picture of mine. What you can use for the top and bottom hinges is n small electrical clamp. I'll snap a pic of that too.

Glued clear vinyle windows in the front and back this morning, stapled it firm to a piece of plywood, gonna let it dry a day.

This been sitting out on the edge of woods long enough, little heavier gauge then emt

Thus the blue pieces are the missing parts I made

Now to figure out why my center cross piece is 3 3/4 inches too long. Used a pattern Traced off Ben's to make the footrest attachments. Have the uppers mounted with the bend to the outside of the cab, thing that's the way it showed in the PFD, least that's what I saw, hmm, actually it would make it narrower if they were turned around. think I'll try putting the lower front cover on while I wait for HELP. maybe it'll warm up and I can go cut wood in the morning, I understand that:D

Marty Your doing a great job figuring this thing out :D I'm sure you'll have this together in no time . And when you do, Your gona say why !! Why didn't I get one of these things a long time ago. Night and day with a cab , I can't wait to you get it all done and try it out. Keep us posted and keep up the good work :D:D:D:D:D The part that comes down by the wheel ( I started with the same cab) I cut off, It is still very stable and it will give you more wheel clearance

Great replacement hinges Elon. They work on the center hinge also.sm01 had the doors on, but brought them in to saddle soap them down and soften them a bit. After going through any recent post of cabs I came to realize the front post don't really stay straight, least it looks to me like they taper inward below the crossbar, so I put my bar in then pulled the posts to fit the footrest supports. seems to work, after the vinle drys good I'll see if it came out close to the right size. Thanks for all the help.