Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7116 H

Ronald Hribar

I'm converting my 7116 from mechanical lift to hydraulic lift.Ihave everything in place. When putting the fittings on the pump, I had to remove a cover that has a rotor under it. I noticed that the rotor had a pin sticking out of it. I removed plugs from side of pump and installed the hydraulic fittings, then I put the cover on . As I was tapping it into place I heard the pin snap. I'm assuming that the pin secures the rotor to the shaft. Question Is the pin supposed to stick out beyond rotor or should it be flush with hole in rotor ?

Ron, I did the same thing on my 716H a while back. I posted a diagram of what had to be done. What you call a rotor is unknown to me. You need to remove the plugs and hook up the lines. You will also need to change the pressure relief valves. If you don't get the correct relief valves, you will not have full pressure to the pump. I tried mine without changing the valve and had very little lifting force. Here is the diagram from my original post:

Ron, working from memory alone, I think that pin did stick out beyond the rotor. However, my memory is awful. Bob (BLT) will be able to answer the question when he gets up this morning.....when we were upgrading mine to a hydrolift, we both heard that pin fall and go "tink"...but we couldn't find it until after the job was done and unsuccessful. Then we (he) found the pin on the ground, intalled it and she has performed perfectly ever since.

Sorry Ron, I just can not recall with enough confidence to tell you for sure. Bob will likely chime in by 8:00 and hopefully in time to get your machine together before this next batch of snow which is supposed to start before noon. If not, I will call him. He officially retires in a few weeks and he might be getting a head start on it by sleeping in today. :O

That pin turns the gerotor (oil pump) and should fit in shaft. Also pump can be installed backwards and nothing will happen. That happened to us also. Pin is about 1/16" dia X 1/2" long. When slid in shaft it looks like two driving lugs for gear set. That pin could be mis aligned and then popped in place when you put on the gear cover.

Thank you, I was worried that I snapped it off. Now all I have to do make sure I have proper sized punch

Ron, I don't understand why you removed the bearing cover. I only removed the plugs, and the caps from the checkvalve cavities. Here is a picture of the hoses hooked up on my 716H with hydrolift. I did not remove the bearing mount that is just below them. I did not have the factory tubing, so I hooked mine up with hydraulic hoses.

I could not turn fittings in, they are not sweivel fittings. I have the complete factory setup, hoses, two piece steel lines, all the brackets, check valves springs etc. I could have gotten sweivel fittings and not had to remove cover, I wish I would have done so now

As seen in the picture, my hoses have the 90 degree fittings with swivels on them. That is the primary reason for adding the two short hoses. I had them in the garage, so why not use them. They were on a hydraulic cylinder given to me by a friend.

When I installed Simpleton's unit, cover had to come off as the fittings are 90 degree fixed and "O" ring nuts on the pump side.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/HydLns.jpg[/img]