Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anybody know a # for this?

GWGAllisfan

Starting to re-assemble the B-110. On my B-110, there is a plastic collar that goes around the steering column, between the dash and the grill. It is about the same diameter as a deck roller, has a clearance on the bottom for the shaft collar at the top of the dash, and is black. My Simplicity book doesn't show this part, maybe it was Allis only? Any body know a part number? Anybody fabricated an equal part? Two other B-110 parts I need more information on. I need the spec on the Main drive idler and the mower drive idler. I think if I can get the diameter I can find one locally. Help and ideas appreciated

Randy, I recent got a factory B series service manual. It gives some drive pully diameters but not idler pulley diameters. On my 2010 the main drive idler is 3 3/4 inches, same as the rear drive idler (for the tiller). The mower idler is 3 inches. The manual omits the plastic collar you are describing. Maybe it is considered part of the dash and this manual only covers tractor mechanicals and attachments.

Randy,My name is Richard:) I've replaced the drive idler on my B-110,becarefull when you find a replacement that it is not only the same dia.but the same width.I ordered one from a simplicity dealer the original idler was NLA they sent me a replacment that rubbed on its arm.I ended up drilling out the rivets and replacing the bearin and bolting it back together.(two years ago) My two cents worth^