Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tecumseh freebie

Simpleton7016

I think this is my first official freebie. I have gotten some good deals and of course Bob, Emmer and a few others have given me some 'parts' freebies, but this is the first real freebie. One of my neighbors unfortunately passed and his kids were cleaning out his garage and put this out on the road with a free sign on it. I hauled it all the way home (about 30 yards). I squirted some ether in it and she fired on the first pull. I could not believe it. I was expecting to have to pull and pull and pull until I was exhausted (like I am after 5 minutes with my ~new~ godforsaken weedeater), but no kidding...it fired on the first pull. I have little use for a leafblower so if someone out there is in dire need of a tecumseh engine, I will part with this for 'future considerations' (or an EZ Rake front mounted dethatcher, or posthole digger attachment). In the meantime, do any of you know anything about this little motor just from the pictures. I don't know much of anything about motors, much less the horsepower or mechanical history of this one, but maybe someday it will go in a go-cart for my little boys. I am guessing this is just a 3-5 horsepower. I will get number off of it later tonight.
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/Leafblower4.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/Leafblower3.jpg[/img]

It looks like a 5hp, older style. I have a NOS 3.5 techumseh engine and it looks very similar. Send me the #s if you can find them, I'll check it out.

Here is an additional view....anyone know where the engine stamp that I need for identification is located?
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/Tecumseh2.jpg[/img]

Found it! Thanks Bob. H50-65456M SER 1239D Now, someone please tell me that this is a rare, one of one, prototype high performance, specially designed leaf blowing motor so that I can sell it and go in to work tomorrow and submit my resignation and live the rest of my days playing with my boys and souping up my tractors.
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/Tecumseh1.jpg[/img]

• 3 weeks later...
by the way, can any of you tecumseh folks identify this motor from these numbers? H50-65456M SER 1239D Thanks in advance.

quote:
Now, someone please tell me that this is a rare, one of one, prototype high performance, specially designed leaf blowing motor so that I can sell it and go in to work tomorrow and submit my resignation and live the rest of my days playing with my boys and souping up my tractors.
Yeah, keep dreaming!!!!!!:O:D

5 pony's you say? Well that's cool, it still started on the first pull. I will figure out something to do with it...thanks!

That's the correct motor for some of the smaller Wheel Horses, like the Lawn Ranger... [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/Juggler54/Garden%20Tractors/IMG_0085.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/Juggler54/Garden%20Tractors/P1010123.jpg[/IMG] Although they were generally 6hp Tecumsehs, the 5hp looks identical externally. There's also a difference between the H60 and the HH60, one has a cast iron cylinder the other is aluminum. *Seems* to me it was the H60 that was cast iron, I'd look that H50 over pretty good. You could possibly get a coupla hundred for it on eBay. Wheel Horse guys use them alot. Whatever you do, good luck! sm06