Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Big 10 Restoration (Almost done )12/30/07

FastPaul

Well It's that time of year again. I'm all caught up on most of my other projects, so I got a little ambition after work today, Got the garage all cleaned up and organized. I got the Big 10 all apart, She came apart very nice the BGB need a little attention and the front shaft on the hydro-lift need to be resealed . I think a set of Ags on the rear and some tri-ribs on the front will look good ,Pics of progress will follow. I love these old round hooded tractors.I think she's going to come out real nice:D:D:D Then she'll be good for another 43 years.Wish me luck

I got a the tranny done today , I took the axle out and replaced all the keys ,They were pretty worn. I started on the grill too.

Slow but still going

I,m still trying to get this thing done .But some of my other tractors have been misbehaving taking my time away from this project . I did manage to get the front wheel painted and the tri ribs mounted and the decals are here too . I should be making some more progress this week

Got some more done today, Started out with the motor.Found quite the mouse nest. Good thing I haven't run the engine very long. Took a bunch of parts over to work and had a pressure washing field day . Got A lot done for one day. She should be coming together soon.

Getting there, Picked up the Ags today .I still got the big parts to paint

Ok I got some more tractor time in today . She's coming together nicely I did make one mistake ,The front end transplant isn't going to cut it It's to new , there's no camber on the wheels and no spindle stops .So I got new spindle bushings and I'm going to fix the original front end Here's some more pics of todays progress . Everything is finally painted :D

Well Guy's Almost done !!! :D I just got to Put the fluids in and fix up the original front end and some small details. I have to give it rest for a little while and give my wife some attention .She's very understanding about tractor time :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MPH

• johnmonkey

• Willy

• mooseman3210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, you sure got after that one Paul, turned it right into a pile of parts. I'm betting it'll come out looking cherry, again^

Looking good so far! It's been about two hours since you posted. Are you done yet? LOL:o):D8D PS - That seat looks to be in mighty fine shape.

quote:
Originally posted by 4xbill
Looking good so far! It's been about two hours since you posted. Are you done yet? LOL:o):D8D
:D:D:D:D

Thats a good start Paul, what did they have for an engine? Bring that I am new to this , is it a briggs? Lots of luck in your rebuild. Onefeather

Should I get the decals coming?:D LOL At this rate you'll probably be ready for them by the time they get there!! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see it all done!

quote:
Originally posted by mwells
Should I get the decals coming?:D LOL At this rate you'll probably be ready for them by the time they get there!! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see it all done!
Yes I'll be calling you Mon. for a set of decals and maybe a seat I ordered the front Tri- ribs for her today and I did get the BGB resealed and painted tonight :D

Looks nice Paul. not sure what you use to protect the shafts when painting but I learned a piece of bike inner tube, like from a 26 in narrow tire, slips ofer 3/4 shafts real quick.

Paul, Looking awsome. I love your stainless steel work bench, I'll bet it works great, and easy to clean. My old wood bench is a pain.

quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul ...and I did get the BGB resealed and painted tonight :D
Is there an article that describes this BGB resealing procedure? I don't think that was ever written up and posted . Anyone? Lookin' good, FastPaul! Tacey

quote:
Originally posted by Tacey
quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul ...and I did get the BGB resealed and painted tonight :D
Is there an article that describes this BGB resealing procedure? I don't think that was ever written up and posted . Anyone? Lookin' good, FastPaul! Tacey
Tacey look under oil seal removal in tech tips

looks good Paul can't wait to see it all finished and ready to go . Keep the pictures coming it keeps me going on my projects .