Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cab On

MPH

Hadda start a new post just so I could finally name one that:D After many bewildered queations, I thank you all for your helpful replies, a little welding, some pipe bending a lot of scrubbing and glueing, and some stiching today I have a cab. In all it's rage;ess glorysm01sm01 with flash

Now this little device, called a speedy stitcher, SHOULD be sold only with a pipe full of something good to smoke, just in case it is some tractor addictt decides to sew a windshield in a cab with it, good grief.

Looks like a winner to me! :D I'm gonna try to come up with some kind of cab for my Landlord for next winter. Great job! Bet your gonna enjoy it! :D

Looks great Marty! Glad you got it on. My dad had that little device, I remember him say it was great. He would repair hole and rips in his boat covers and such.

Nice job, MPH. It's hard to believe that the pile of parts turned out so nice. Bet you can't wait to try it out at -30 degrees. I have one of those Speedy-Stichers. Took me a few tries to get the hang of it, but I finally did figure it out (light-bulb lit on the second bowl). I have a tonneau cover on my pickup that has a new lease on life because of that sticher. Tacey

Congratulations, Marty. I always tune in for your pictures. Question:

Items in the circle are: a) beverage holders b) stool, just the right height to contemplate the latest tractor disaster c) jack stands d) soft anvil e) drinkin' buddies ?? -Don

Don, the stumps are a product of procrastination. When I was dropping fire wood down in the basement they were on the 2nd truck load, just the right length for a stove out in my leanto, left over at the end of the tree out in the woods,so I set 'em off the truck and that's as far as they got. They did get used as a soft anvil, tool holder and deep thought stool the past few days.

I have one of the "Speedy Stitchers" or "Sews Awl" or whatever they are called. They are very handy for some projects. We re-sewed the zipper in the rear door of my daughter's Jeep a couple years ago. Did it in place on the vehicle, without removing the top from the frame. It did take one person on each side of the part being sewn, to make it work right. Glad you finally got a cab on one of the tractors. Hard to believe that you did all that snow removal with your fleet all those years without a cab.

Awesome Marty!! I've been waiting to see your cab done :D Truly It'll be night & day, Great job!! You get a A+ with a star on your forehead LOL :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the atta boys everyone. In all honesty the speedy stitcher is a handy little device, just takes a long time to get around a windshield with one, Mo-Not-Nus Ben, took some serious aplication of saddle soap to soften it up enough to work with, not sure how long that will last. Mike, it don't snow at 60 below:D:D When I get soft on life I'll be 'down under' from Oct til end of March^^ Took a break form it today and went and cut load # 7 for my firewood pile, when I got home I learned why I was cold, never got above zero like them guesser said it was gonna:(!

Great job Marty; sure looks like it'll help keep you warm. Or do you prefer -60 deg so you don't have to mess with snow? ;)

Nice job Marty!Good to finally see a cab on your tractor. Now don,t be smiling too much the first time you use it or the windsheild will frost over!! 7th load,how many more??

Marty, Great job there you esp in minus deg temps will love it.Make you a htr duct off motor,for a neat defogger, put your pipe in with your fav stuff[WHATever that might be!],get a cd player,with headset of your fav music,,and you'll never leave the darn thing! good job.,:o)

'{ But you forgot one thing. You should have dyed it yellow to match the tractor }' Roy think it be easier to paint the tractor orange, like an AC B) Only thing I like about -60 temps for an exctended period of time, like 4-6 weeks like we used to get, it weeds out the population a bit:O Got load # 8 today. Have plenty for this year but figure since the snow is only about 6 inches deep and the temps around zero, I'm home with gas money for the truck I'm just gonna keep cutting. Have gotten my wood in 2-3 feet of snow at least once too many time because of working to late into the winter, if rumor pans out, next year could be such a year. Contemplation of replacing the top part of the grill on the B-112 with an air collecting duct and 3 inch pipe back into the cab has begun.^sm01