Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A/C 416 garden tractor with snowblower

grassworks

I have a A/C 416H and a snow blower attachment. I would like to join the two however, it doesn't seem to fit. my snowthower att. is quite similar to the Simplicity 1690032 ( I found a picture on the net). Would antone have a picture or a diagram as to how the two come together? please help.

To the best of my knowledge, the A/C 400 series tractors are like the Homelites that A/C built - the basic attachment is the same, but the hitches and sometimes the drive source are very different. I'm guessing you have a Simplicity style hitch on the 1690032 blower. The mounting ears should measure about 10 1/4". You'll need a A/C 400 series hitch to mount the snowblower head to the tractor. Hopefully a 400 series owner will confirm this.

My 416H snowblower is driven from the electric clutch. I've attached photos of the adapter.
[img]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x209/BobT_photos/p1020102.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x209/BobT_photos/p1020101.jpg[/img]

I am just thinking out loud, but if the axle is in backwards the tabs will not line up. check and measure the tabs on both the front and back of the front axle, and then measure the snowblower hitch. Just an idea. Maybe mooseman3210 can chime in he has a 410 with a snowblower. I am sure he would snap some pics for you.

No mine is a 400 series that hooks up to the front of the tractor my snow blower is the same as the pic above i have some pics here that show the hookup . all of my front attachments and the deck hook up in the front of the tractor but you have to have a front attachment for the deck to work the pic above looks just like my hook up but i have seen a multiple ways for these to be hooked up . on the 400 series . there was one one ebay last week with a long front attachment for a snow blower . but this is the standard one here . the first pic is for the deck it hooks in the same place that the plow and the blower fit .

the width on this is 11/ 1/4 give or take a 1/4 for old age . but like said earlier there is multiple ones i have seen like this one . the picture is not very good but you can plainly see that the front piece sticks out a lot farther then mine does .

if you look at the front it is out aprox 1 ft before the attachment hooks up. hope this helps ..

Also my Dad and i are restoring a 416 and it has the same attachment as the 400 does so hope that answers your Question that the 410 is different then the 416 the 300 series has the hook up behind the front tire on the frame as Josh and i have all ready talked about a couple of weeks ago because i was trying to hook up my new plow . hope this helps as well . mooseman

Thanks for the pics guys. The pics I received made alot of sense. The pulley cluster swivels up/down on my blower and it has two "c" shaped hooks that appear to hook on to the steering axle (perhaps) to firm up the cluster to the tractor. I love to send a picture but it seems I can't. thanks again