Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydr-lift Questions

FastPaul

I have mistakingly deleted Pauls orriginal post. I'm waiting for Paul to replace the question and pictures for this thread. My appologises for the confusion. Dave H. Ok Dave Now I have to remember what I wrote :O I think I got the answer to what color the pump and tank should be (Yellow) As for the seal coming out < I think someone might have over filled the reservoir and with out a vented cap where else could the oil go ??

Don't know if this will help.[url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/upload/kent/D05_pump_manual.pdf[/url] . It's the parker Pump manual. I believe the Co. still exists.

Paul on our Big Ten it has the hydro lift with the square tank and it is painted yellow. Yours looks like a later round tank. Yours probably is painted black from the factory.

quote:
Originally posted by Killer_A-C
Paul on our Big Ten it has the hydro lift with the square tank and it is painted yellow. Yours looks like a later round tank. Yours probably is painted black from the factory.
Thanks Matt My Landlord 101 has the square tank and it also Is painted the same as the tractor (Square tank) rather rare ,I'm going to paint the hydro unit yellow Thanks for the info Matt :D

The repair kits are still available, pricey, but can be had. Pumps are still being amde. There are a couple of threads written about that, I think in resource area.

Call Wells Imp. I talked to Mark's son and he is going to order one for me. It was something near forty I don't know if it has been ordered yet or not. Hopefully this can help you out, Benjamin

I picked a front seal for mine from bearing service,they just matched it up. Both of my big-10s have yellow tanks. Good luck with the pump. If it was mine And the lift worked I would just put in the front seal with a little sealer around it. (If it ain't broke don't fix it.)

" What do you think what would have made this happen ? " Paul, this could be just a bad seal, heat and wear, or you could have a restriction between the pump case drain and the reservoir that allowed bypass pressure to push the seal out of the case. Only a thorough cleaning and inspection or simply replacing the seal and see if it does this again will tell. The square pump reservoirs had leakage problems are were changed out to the round tanks as they were found. Anything sold after the discovery were sold as the round tanks. This as per a service bulletin I have in some of my repair manuals.