Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MarksA-C

6518 sitting high

MarksA-C
Finally got the 6518 on some serious feet! I got the front 16"s off of a 712 (Thank you Erik!) and got the monster rears from Tom (Thank you Tom!) The tire chains from Rick (Thank you Rick!) will still fit, but I have to remove some bolts in that back that are used to hold rear attachments.

Lots of Ground Clearance!

This was one of the only problems I had, this was hitting the front wheel.

But all I did was flip it to the other side and it fit.

RedbarnRick
Mark,I can't tell from the pics but if the offset of the wheels favors the outside edge you can reverse the wheels and gain considerable clearance, if you check both tire/rim combinations you might find one gives better clearance, the tires can be swapped, or wheel spacers and longer studs will do the same.

RedbarnRick
Mark, I forgot to comment on your resurrection on the 6518, you did a great job, fixing the transaxle, the wiring and worklight, adding an engine,it looks like a real workhorse now! Now you need an electric lift, I have the right mounting bracket, you take it from there, oh and keep the pics and video's coming!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• lt-scir
    • s_stephen
    • marksr
    • BLT
    • tuck
    • goatfarmer
  • Today's Birthdays

1. rocks70
      rocks70
      (70 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts