Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

6518 sitting high

MarksA-C

Finally got the 6518 on some serious feet! I got the front 16"s off of a 712 (Thank you Erik!) and got the monster rears from Tom (Thank you Tom!) The tire chains from Rick (Thank you Rick!) will still fit, but I have to remove some bolts in that back that are used to hold rear attachments.

Lots of Ground Clearance!

This was one of the only problems I had, this was hitting the front wheel.

But all I did was flip it to the other side and it fit.

Mark,I can't tell from the pics but if the offset of the wheels favors the outside edge you can reverse the wheels and gain considerable clearance, if you check both tire/rim combinations you might find one gives better clearance, the tires can be swapped, or wheel spacers and longer studs will do the same.

Mark, I forgot to comment on your resurrection on the 6518, you did a great job, fixing the transaxle, the wiring and worklight, adding an engine,it looks like a real workhorse now! Now you need an electric lift, I have the right mounting bracket, you take it from there, oh and keep the pics and video's coming!

Looks nicesm01sm01, I would like to try it on one of my 6216's - could I ask for more info on the tires and rims....Thankssm06