Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Little more B-110 progress (Update 12-15)

GWGAllisfan

In a previous post I had shown some of my progress on the B-110 refurbish project. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=88681[/url] Lately I haven't had as much time or energy to tackle this project, but since it was so nice out yesterday I did make some more progress.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_2096_smaller.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_2097_smaller.jpg[/img]
Spent all afternoon with an angle grinder, wore out two knotted cup brushes and removed a little skin in addition to some paint. This should finish the large pieces, and as soon as I can get tires mounted on the newly painted rims, I can start adding the multitude of small parts. By the way the pictures don't show it but the Ace Rust Stop paint I was using seems to be very prone to running, and apparently attracted some bugs that died in the paint....Maybe after few days I can sand some and maybe mist coat back over it. Oh well as long as It's moving forward....

made a little more progress last night. Got the wheels mounted, new front tires. They're a little tight on the spindle arm, but one extra washer moved it out enough to fit good.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_2115_smaller.jpg[/img]
Lift shaft and steering gear installed, then once this dries a bit more, I can install the already cleaned and painted clutch rod and lift rod. I need to find a new clutch return spring, though. Have to work for a few hours, paint then can't go on while paint dries. With the paint i'm using, if you rush it it just runs off.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_2116_smaller.jpg[/img]
Most pf the big parts are painted now, just cleaning up small stuff, getting ready for assembly.