Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

42" Snow Blower rebuild - coming together!

Gary

I started this project in mid August. I don't think anyone here will confuse me with Fast Paul. I'm definitely not fast! It's still not finished...but it's getting close. If anyone out there has the factory electric spout rotator kit, would you post the motor mount specs for me? The height to the center of the hole that the motor shaft goes through, would be great! A bracket was available on e-bay, about a week ago. It went for $87.00. Somebody wanted it pretty bad! Any help with finishing up this project will be greatly appreciated!! Here's a few pics, in case you're interested.
[img]/club2/attach/Gary/42SnoBlr5.jpg[/img]
A new scraper bar has been installed.
[img]/club2/attach/Gary/42SnoBlr3.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Gary/42SnoBlr1.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Gary/42SnoBlr2.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Gary/42SnoBlr4.jpg[/img]
New bearings were installed for the auger.
[img]/club2/attach/Gary/42SnoBlr6.jpg[/img]
A 5" pulley from an old 36" blower should make the snow fly.;)
[img]/club2/attach/Gary/42SnowBlr1.jpg[/img]
This is the blower before the restoration.

Looks sharp! There is nothing wrong wih taking your time. I have a B-10 that I've been working on since '05 and its not even on 4 wheels yet.

I will post detailed specs tomorrow with pics, but the height to the center of the motor hole is 5 3/8". The hole itself is 1 1/2" diameter.

Thanks for all the nice comments.:) And, Dan, you don't live that far from me! You'd be lucky to get it back by next winter.:D

Yeh, Gary, I looked in your profile to see Jackoson Center. Up until about two years ago I woked in New Bremen (Crown) but then transfered to our Celina plant. Dan

By the way Gary, it was I who bought that spout kit. Sorry if you were the one I sniped it from. This one was just a few miles from my house and it is only the second kit I have seen. I bid on the first one last year and got outbid. Then, another member promised to build me one as part of a trade for a couple of 16 horse Briggs engines. He took the engines, but welched on the electric spout rotator. So yeah, I wanted it real bad....but I will do what I can to send pictures of what came with the kit. When looking at these pictures, please notice that all the squares are in inches....but the top (horizontal) and side (vertical)axis ' do not start at "zero". Also note that the bracket is not a perfect right angle. It is a few degrees off. I can send these via e-mail in high resolution if anyone need them that way. I can take additional pictures on request as well.
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/spoutbracket.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/spoutbracketside.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/Bushingside.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/bushingreverse.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/spoutbushingthing.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/spoutarm.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/Spoutbrassside.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/spoutbrasspiece.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/spoutbrassreverse.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the pics, Eric! And thanks for taking the time to do the setups on the grid. It should make the fabrication much easier.:D I had bid only $50.00 for the kit. Someone else was bidding on it with you, after that. Thanks again!!:D:D