Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ac.d17iv

Snow blade for 712H

ac.d17iv
Greetings, Can anyone tell me what model of snow blade is standard for an AC 712H? How much should I expect to pay? What is the best way to mount extra weight on the rear of the tractor? Thanks!

D-17_Dave
Bret, I'm not sure of the model number but any blade for the large frame-running bord tractor series will work. They should be common and easily found and the price will vary. As for extra weight, you can fill your tires with washer fluid, add wheel weights, or ad a rear weight to your hitch. A stinger hitch inserted in your rear lift will put a lot of weight on the rear but you'll have to lift the weight as well as the front blade unless you have a rockshaft with the alternate cable bracket hook location. This extra location will allow you to reverse the lift point of the cable going to the rear lift and while adding weight to the rear end it will act as a counterweight for the blade.

ac.d17iv
Thanks for the info guys. I don't have possession of the 712 yet, but plan to one of these days. I wanted to do some research on options before I make the purchase. Does the blade lift manually, or can it be modified to use hydro? Same question for the blade angle?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• B10Dave
    • Jr.lll
    • rokon2813
    • SmilinSam
    • littlefan
    • PhanDad
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts