Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow blade for 712H

ac.d17iv

Greetings, Can anyone tell me what model of snow blade is standard for an AC 712H? How much should I expect to pay? What is the best way to mount extra weight on the rear of the tractor? Thanks!

Bret, I'm not sure of the model number but any blade for the large frame-running bord tractor series will work. They should be common and easily found and the price will vary. As for extra weight, you can fill your tires with washer fluid, add wheel weights, or ad a rear weight to your hitch. A stinger hitch inserted in your rear lift will put a lot of weight on the rear but you'll have to lift the weight as well as the front blade unless you have a rockshaft with the alternate cable bracket hook location. This extra location will allow you to reverse the lift point of the cable going to the rear lift and while adding weight to the rear end it will act as a counterweight for the blade.

I have a new one, never used, that came with my 712H. The number on it is 1690498 I'm thinking a good used one should be $100.00-$150.00 or so.

Thanks for the info guys. I don't have possession of the 712 yet, but plan to one of these days. I wanted to do some research on options before I make the purchase. Does the blade lift manually, or can it be modified to use hydro? Same question for the blade angle?

My 712H has an electric lift. I believe most have manual lifts. The blade has a rod that you use to angle the blade from the operator's seat.