Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow blower

Ronald Hribar

last year I had nothing but trouble with snowblower on my 7117H with 20hp Magnum. I even went as far as acquiring a 7116 and used that. It worked very well. I concluded that the mid pto was at fault and replaced it. Adjustment was very fussy, in fact when I put the mower on this spring, it finally wore itself into adjustment. We have had two heavy wet snow storms so far. Now we can make that Kohler work. I'm getting to like to hear the tune it plays.

7116 is undergoing renovations. Put in hydro lift. Cleaning up accumulated grease and debris. Repairing ignition system, It will be painted Allis Orange. And will finish my loader project on it. I have to redo do front axle support. And i am looking at making plates to strengthen the BFG area.

I love hearing the sound of a twin under load. I tractor pulled several years ago and ran both a Magnum 18hp and a Kohler 18hp OHV single cylinder both with straight pipes, what a sound!!!! Dan

I use a 20hp Magnum with staight pipes in one of our pulling tractors, and everyone loves the deep sound. BTW, the tractor is rarely beat....lotsa of torque. When we quit pulling the engine and tractor will turn into my main working tractor.