Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cojo92

627 Yeoman

cojo92
Here are some pictures of my Yeoman. Over the weekend i looked up the #s on the engine and the frame. the Engine was made on Feb. 7th, 1969 and the frame was made sometime during the summer of 1969. I kept calling it a 1970...LOL...and the tractor has NEVER BEEN APART!!! IT IS ALL ORIGNINAL...This spring i want to Restore it but my dad keeps saying just keep it running...and you dont have the money...and your gonna want a car when you get your lisence=8)...BUT IDC!!!! So...what should i do!?!?!?!???? Thanks!:D

8D

Chris727
Nice ride. I see it even still has the little chrome hub on the front wheel. I can't tell you what to do with it, but as far as money, if it is in mechanically sound condition and the tires are not in need of replacement, and all you want to do is paint it, I would think you could keep the costs pretty low.

cojo92
quote:
Originally posted by bud119195
Would not take much to put a cheap paint job on it. I would touch it up a litle and keep her running. I have 6 yeomans and have fun with all of them.
6 Yeomans...NICE!!! I want to get some more simplicitys and A/C but my parents are like no...they think they are junk...well i got to pay and i have to talk my dad into picking them up...lol...took alot of talking and begging to get him to pick up this Yeoman.

cojo92
ehertzfeld...do u still have that blower for sale?? Is it complete? I dont have much $$ but after Christmas i might have some from my parents and stuff...my dad lives in foster, ri and me and him get coffe on the weekends in Brookline CT at duncen donuots...lol...cant spell...well it is the closest one so i can maybe pick it up some time...well Thanks..and hope YOU read this.

EricD
I'll weigh in on this one. Listen to your dad. Tractor trading, collecting and tinkering is a great hobby but should not take precedence over preparing/planning for future opportunities/financial needs. A first car is waay more valuable than a pretty tractor and is the number one vehicle that will help you travel to work in order to earn enough to pay for your needs, interests, and wants. Here's my suggestion; maintain it, use it, enjoy it. If you still like it in two years keep maintaining it, using it and enjoying it. Once you've got yourself established with gainful employment, decide if you want to tear into it for a restoration or if you want to keep maintaining it, using it and enjoying it. No need to rush into opening the wallet right away...