Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Does anyone know if.....

Jason

Hi I have seen some small ice rinks usings Deere 4X5 series Tractors pulling a baby 3 point hitch Ice Resurfacer built by Zamboni to clean the rinks. Just wondering if anyone has seen a Simplicity SunStar, a PowerMax( AC 620) or more likely a Legacy pulling one of these ice resurfacers at a small rink? I have always seen them on Deeres, but that does not mean they would not work on a Simplicity. The AC 620, 1920, & Legacy are certainly built heavy enough to pull it around. It probably would fit the 620 and Legacy the best though. Might even want the Legacy with 4X4. Would be neat to have as another attachment or a "play toy" for our Simplicities. Could build a rink in your back yard for your kids to practice hockey or what not, and have your Simplicity hooked up to the 'baby' ice resufacer, and resuface your skating rink. I bet your neigbours would stop in there tracks if they saw how you cleaned your skating rink!! Take Care Jason B

When I was growing up, I could put my skates on at home and get to the natural ice rink half a block away, flooded by the firemen each evening at closing time, with a wooden rink in the middle of the summer ball diamond put up by the parks staff. First ones to the rink cleared it by pushing plywood with wooden handles and metal edge bolted to the bottom. Whenever there was too much snow to move the puck, there was a break and everyone helped clear the ice. No need for supervisors, employees, mechanical assistance. Other than freezing toes from staying too long, no problems. Now, need about 10 staff and an artificial ice rink, schedules, rules, insurance requirements.

wow. Zamboni has a fan club even bigger than Simplicity. To drive a Simple tractor with a Zamboni on the back would be like gold and diamonds. In this part of the country there are a fair number of women who'd rather drive the Zamboni than a Porsche. I bet these aren't cheap. {edit: $10,000 or so} Also you have to keep it somewhere warm to park it and let it drain. (it's in the specs) A Zamboni on a PowerMax. wow.

Hi Yeah A powermax on the 3 point hitch mini Zamboni would be cool! Yeah you could park it in a heated garage if you have one. I bet your wife or girl friend would not like that parked beside their car. Yeah for $10,000 you could build your ownsm01for a powermax or Legacy. Take Care Jason B