Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

707 Rearend

bud119195

I was out blowing with my 707 last nght and lost the rear gears in my 707 ,if you shift it it sounds like it is shifting gears but not engaging axles to go anywere. I am going to tear it apart, has anyone had this problem before?if so can you tell me what to look for? Thanks Todd

Did you hear any noises when it went? A grinding or a popping sound? I remember Simpletom telling me that in these older broadmoor transmissions that the differential gears like to break. Something that happens to me though is the axle/wheel pin would break or it would fall out leaving the tractor unable to move. Hope that helps...

Had to open it.I found the main gear that drives all the gears was stripped out. I just happened to have another transmission that had no reverse so i took it apart for the gear I needed . The tranny must of had that gear replaced once before because it still had part # wrote on it with magic marker ,so I got darn luky.Put it all together and blew snow and it worked perfect.