Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Les

Interesting Snowblower discovery

Les
At an auction today I saw a Honda tractor mount snowblower. I stared at it for a minute or so and realized that it was built by Simplicity. It is identical to my Simplicity blowers except for a very slight difference in the metal near the hitch mounting points. The hitch is different, of course, to mount on the Honda tractors, but with a Simplicity hitch, it will work fine on an AC or Simplicity. So I bought it! I am back up to three snowblowers again!

Hey Les, At least we know Honda has good taste in the snowblower department. I would have never guessed them to use a Simplicity made product but they must know a good thing when they see it. Please post a picture of it if and when you can. Thanks, >>->happyjack<-<<

Kent
Funny thing about that -- I was just looking at the prices of 13HP Honda OHV engines in the Northern Tool catalog and wondering if that was a feasible replacement engine... I like Honda engines -- talk about quiet! I'll bet the mower deck would make more noise than that Honda with the right exhaust setup on it... Seems that someone else appreciates the best of both worlds.

powermax_paul
Hi Kent, If I remember there was talk about using a Honda engine for a Simplicity or AC and I think someone stated that the crankshalf would be a problem but maybe a search might find the message. >>->happyjack<-<<

Roy
I saw an AC -1 once with a Honda engine in it. Looked OK except the cables for the throttle and choke were sticking out at odd places. Don't know how it ran and worked but obviously it worked. Roy

dlcentral
Les, what cha doin with 3 throwers,it don't snow out there much,,does it?Not like up in Wisc?,,or here in ny.Whats that hondue made from,, recycled toyotas or WORSE AC's??,,lol, They are quiet I agree, after copying B$S L-head design,they started with a good base.NOW B&S copies their OHV design in the Vanguard.

BradW
Les, all of honda's attachments are made by Simplicity, I found this out when I got a private tour from Simplicity, all attachments will fit, they just have a different hitch.-BradW

Les
Whoa Dave, I bought a tractor mount snowblower! No engine. I wouldnt know what how to act with something as new as a Honda engine anyway. Plus I bought the thing for 10 bucks, just couldnt pass it up. I plan to use it as my primary snowblower. And why I need three is that it takes that many for me to keep at least one running! I call it the "Curse of the Junkyard Buyer." Actually there are many curses working against me, like the "Too dumb to work on a Kohler Curse," the "Thirty year old tractor curse," the "Too poor to buy a new John Deere curse,"(My Dad came up with that one!), "The lack of parts availability curse," the "Wife just doesnt understand curse," and by far the worst of all is the "Stubborn old German Hog Farmer Curse."

Les
Les, I'm not a hog farmer but I'm a stubborn old German too. A new John Deere? A new anything? I can buy a lot of sledge hammers and acetylene for that kind of money. I think my 30 year old tractors are a little afraid I'll work on them, they run just fine.

BradW
Les, if you could send me an E-mail or call me, I would be glad to answer your questions, my phone number is: 1-(815)-475-7313 P.S., do you still have the B-1 for sale? Thanks,-BradW

Les
Brad, does Simplicity make attachments or parts for anybody else? This is real good information to know as it might make it easier for club members to find something they need.