Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstar & Deutz 1920 restorations w/pics.

kevindb85

I'm now a member! I've been working on restoring a 1986 Sunstar and a 1987 or '88 (not sure which year) Deutz Allis 1920. The Sunstar is getting a complete resto, while the DA 1920 is just getting a "quickie". Here are a few pics of my progress so far on the Sunstar:

Here are a few of the DA 1920. I don't have any of before I started because this was going to be a parts tractor, but I changed my mind.

Still working on the hoods. All the painting is done, just waiting a while before putting it all back together. Already have all the decals, most of which I had to have custom made. I will post more pics when I am done. This has been a lot of fun and a lot of work! I'm already looking for more project tractors, but they are hard to come by!

I'm convinced that a shiny tractor is a happy tractor. Yours look pretty happy. Nice job on the projects, and hope they run as nice as they look. Tacey

Hi Very nice! Those two tractors are coming along very nicely! Glad to see some restoring these great tractors. My 1920H is at the 1,115hr mark. In a few years it will be time for a restoration. They are a great tractor! I have had mine for 5 years now and don't regret buying it all. Mine has been very good tractor and have worked her hard and she just holds in there. These are a well built tractor. I won't give up mine anytime soon! Take Care Jason B

Welcome Kevin. I also am a huge fan of the Sunstar/Ultima line and glad to some one paying attention to them. Mine never stop working long enough to get prettied up. Keep us posted on your progress they are looking good!

So far I really like them. I put the blade on the 3 point because we were suposed to get some snow, and I was going to play, but no snow showed up. Oh well, no snow makes the wife happy.