Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

manual lift... ouch! vs hydro?

perry

how many of you guys have had your leg pinched and punched by the manual lever coming back too far. i got it twice yesterdayB). i think i need to convert. i have some questions for you hydro guys. how strong is the hydro lift? does it have down pressure? how fast does it operate? how high will it lift the snow blade? [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/MYDC0047.jpg[/IMG] ...perry

It has enough pressure to lift the rear or front of the tractor off the ground. Its almost as fast as manual. I've never lifted a snow blade with it but I would say it goes as high as the manual lift.

There just as Roger describes. They are faster going up than on the 900 series and they will lift as high as the manual lift. I have lifted the front wheels off the ground with the snow blade attached.

I have a 2010 like yours with hydraulic lift that I put a rear brinly hitch on and it will lift me and I'm a pretty good size fellow that would be in the heavy weight division

Many use a bucket on the front and will tell you that it will lift a full bucket with counter weight. They will lift any attachment with no problem and lift them relatively quick. If you have ever used the electric lift, you know how slow they are. The hydro's lift faster than that. After using one, you will not want to use an armstrong lift again.

In my manual lift B-100, I put a bolt in the last hole of the quadrant plate to prevent the lever from coming back and hitting you. The manual lift is faster than either my GHT-L hydraulic lift or the Homelite's electric lift.

If you get a good one like I have on my LL Perry these old B series lifts are a thing of beauty. Makes one wonder WHY they quit making them. It will get a little slow outside if it's below zero, esp if you doing something where your not using it continously.

I converted my B-110 to hydro-lift and wish I hadn't. For me it was more trouble than it is worth, probably cost me $300 and it might still need overhauling, make sure if you get one that is in working condition without leaks, or rebuild it before putting it in the tractor.

My newer sovereign's hydro lift isn't as fast as a manual lift, but way better when you've got a blower loaded with wet snow or heavy 38" tiller.

thanks guys. it sounds like a plan. now i just need to locate one in my area and in my price range:). i have 2 landlords so i could have both a hydro and a manual lift. [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/april18ebay001.jpg[/IMG]