Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow blower mounting points over the years

mbsengineer

Maynard mentions in the post linked below, that "snowblowers are basically all the same" and it's only the hitch that matters. I realize this is the case for all the "old stuff" from the 60s and 70s, but does this carry through to recent times? In looking at pictures of newer blowers, it looks like the 2 bolts holding the hitch to the blower haven't changed. (as far as height and spacing) If this is the case, you could take a blower from the late 90s and bolt it to a hitch from the 60s, with no modifications. I realize you may potentially need a new belt length, and might need to make some slight mod(s) to the hitch to let the belt pass through ... but I'm just talking about the action of bolting the blower to the hitch. Is this correct, or have their been some changes over the years? Thanks. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=82020

I do believe that you would need the change the drive pulley on the later ones in order to use it on a 60's tractor. I believe that the early styles had 5" pulley and the later had 7". Other than that it would be jsut a matter of swapping the hitch. Benjamin

Yes, that's definitely the case. I know the early ones had a 5" pulley on them. Forgot to mention that. I assume once they went to the 7" it never changed again? So the belt and pulley aside, it sounds like it would work.