Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mooseman3210

416 wrenching

mooseman3210
Dad and I also got to turn a couple of wrenches on the 416 today i finally got enough painting done to put some parts together . here are a couple of pictures of the 416 coming together

mooseman3210
thanks Josh , sorry we didn't have that part you needed i wish we would have had it for ya . also if you still need any of the other parts they are yours for the taking . I got a call from the guy with the 300 series tractor . he said he would be willing to sell it for the right price . i'm gonna wait until friday to call him and them offer him 50 bucks for it . if i get it you can scavenge the parts you need off of that . i just want the front end parts and the engine .

mooseman3210
Thanks night eye i have gotten a lot more painting done since i put up these pics but am waiting till my dads next visit to put it together i feel like a kid it is so hard not to put it together . but it will be more fun putting it together with my dad . so sorry but all will have to wait for at least another two weeks for the pictures . also all of the paint was brought completely down to bare metal and cleaned and repainted . i don't think i will do that on the next rebuild . takes a lot more work then i thought . the sand blaster only brings the paint down to the primer so the rest of the job has to be done by sanding and or wire brush on a grinder and drill . it has worked out well now that i know what kind of primer and paint to use . but still make a lot of mistakes . i was able to get a paint gun to use but have not had a chance to try it out yet still doing all of this with a rattle can . but i will say that i have had to re sand and paint a lot of parts due to runs . it seems that just about the time i get the paint the way i want it it starts to run . i still learning about painting . so mistakes are still frequent .