Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Just brought home another one! - W/ PICS!

kevindb85

Guy called me up today to see if I wanted to buy his Deutz-Allis 1920. I went to look at it since I have a Sunstar & a Deutz 1920 that I am working on, and a 3rd one as a parts tractor is always a good thing. We messed with it a little and it started right up! Needs a solenoid and probably a key switch, but we jumped the solenoid and after a little hesitation it ran very good, no smoke, no missing, just smooth. Has a heavy homemade rear hitch with 2 ball mounts on it, and he says he has the 3 point hitch for it minus one arm (which I guess I could have made) also says he has the rear PTO attachment. He has to clean out his building to find them, but I get them when he finds them. It also has the 26-12-12 tires & wheels that I don't see very often. Sheet metel is not the best but it's all there. The larger wheels will go on the Deutz that I am painting right now. All for the sum of $150.00 and I only had to drive 20 minutes to pick it up! Not bad, huh?

Great deal!!! The 3pt arms are still avalible from Simplicity. It might be cheaper and alot less hasel then having one made. Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Hi I agree, what a steal on the Duetz -Allis 1920 for $150 bucks. Man I wish I could find a deal like that. Know where I can get a DA 1920 but not for that price. Take Care Jason B

Here are the pics I promised:

This pic shows the big 26-12-12's and the Homemade hitch. He set it up to use two different size hitch balls.

I will be putting the bigger tires and the Homemade hitch on the Deutz that I am fixing up.

quote:
Originally posted by MN_FISH
Great buy!dOd Are you going to sleep very good tonight?;)
No problem, the PO set the price! I tried to get him down a little, but he wouldn't budge! Oh well, Maybe I'll find a better deal next time! sm06

quote:
Originally posted by kevindb85
quote:
Originally posted by MN_FISH
Great buy!dOd Are you going to sleep very good tonight?;)
No problem, the PO set the price! I tried to get him down a little, but he wouldn't budge! Oh well, Maybe I'll find a better deal next time! sm06
Wait a minute.....He set the price at $150.00....and you tried to talk him down? :O Now that's horse trading for fun...not profit ^ Sweet Deal!!

Swapped out the larger wheels onto the other one that I am fixing up. What a difference! They look great, and should provide more traction. Now I have to paint them, and I just finished painting the others, oh well, gives me something to do this weekend.

You couldnt go wrong with that tractor at all . A little work on the sheetmetal & you will have a very nice tractor. I have noticed that the Deutz era tractors are going very cheap .You picked up a good deal.

Got it running today. Need to replace the ignition switch and maybe the fuel pump. Engine sounds great! Starts easy(have to jump the solenoid) Deck seems good. Not bad at all!

Nice find...i just picked up a 3416h soverign last friday...my dad got it for me as my x-mas gift...when i told my mom she like was like "what u gonna do with that??"...lol..she almost made me keep it at my dads house but i told her it was for a good cause and it is better then my yeoman...well hope u have fun with that...looks really nice! im gonna post some pics of my find right now in show n tell forum. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=89533#246612[/url]