Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another S/ storm 3 Rd.one in weeks !!

FastPaul

Old man winter just hasn't let up :O It snowed all day today and it's still snowing :O Light powdery snow . I got home today and had to do a brake job for a guy I work with . So by the time I got to play The 6" of snow was all packed down on the driveway from the cars. The B-112 did as good as it could but It wouldn't scrape down to the pavement . The diesel tractor with the plow wouldn't touch it either . I got the B-12 with the 42" blade, With the hyro down pressure It got under the hard pack and pealed it all lose .Then I was able to snow blow it all clean, Time consuming but a lot of fun Dec.20th and we have 26" of snow :O these little tractors are really getting a workout this winter so far . And me too 4 hrs. I'm tired ^

Up here in the Worcester hills, I got about 1.5" overnight, it cleared during the day, then we've gotten another inch or more this evening and its still coming down in light flurries... This is the stuff I don't like. 1" - 3" at a time, every day or so. Give me a big storm, let me clean it up and be done with it. That's quality tractor time. This constant shoveling and scraping gets old real quick...:p

Kent I think that extra 100 ft of elevation is getting to you!OO I think I 've gotten about a half inch or so today and I'm very happy with that! From Sunday a week ago to this past Sunday I put in a total of about 84 hrs, including a stretch of 32 hrs and 22 hrs. Only yesterday was I really back to my old self and had time to work on the old horses in the garage.To think this is only December and just the start of "winter"!

When you apply down pressure Paul, do you have the blade at an angle? If I don't stay in float with the blade angled I'm in the snow berm pretty quick.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
When you apply down pressure Paul, do you have the blade at an angle? If I don't stay in float with the blade angled I'm in the snow berm pretty quick.
Had to straight blade it Marty, Front wheels of the ground ,Made a mess but I clean it up with the blower .

I got a 2110 w/ hydro and it would not think of lifting the wheels. Guess I might have to get that rebuilt this summer.

I just finished cleaning the last of the ice off my black top drive.I had about 3/4 of an inch over most of it. The weather warmed up to the 30's so it started to loosen up,I put the back blade on my Big-10 used as much down pressure as Possible and it peeled off in most places that was yesterday what didn't come loose I salted down good,and got the rest today. Just in time, it's supposed to snow tomorrow.(oh well)sm00

I need to get more tractors like you, mine is down right now due to a broken diff. I hope to have the parts in a couple of weeks. Then I can play again. Very nice pics.

Light freezing drizzle or heavy mist now in northern MN. Roads are getting slick. 1” to 3” snow tonight through 6:00 PM tomorrow. Weather advisory. Lots of accidents around Fargo according to the radio. People driving way to fast and then oops.