Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1920H with it's new cab

Jason

Hi Just some pictures of my 1920H with it's new cab doing some "snow clean up" in peperation of the next storm due in Dec 24th/25th. I would have posted pictures after the orginal storm went through but I was busy keeping my customers happy. 1920 just rolled over to 1,121 hrs on the clock today and still sounds like new. I know the operator really likes the new cab!( That's me piloting my Pride of my fleetsm01sm01) Anyway heres the pictures, I made some corrections to get ride of that dreary X:

Hope you guys enjoy these and have a safe and Merry Christmas and a happy New Years! Santa may bring more snow for me to get out my 1920 to work uhmmmm Play sm01 Now she just needs a sister Sunstar to run about with. Oh well my 1920 & 455 get along great together despite being different colors. Take Care Jason B

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
You look pretty cozy in there. Is that the cab you had to retrofit? Looks good if it is.
Hi Yep that's the cab! Sent the pictures to the local dealer as well to show them that cab does in deed fit and that modifications were possible. My 1920 loves the snow, she just handles that 2 Stage blower like shes nothing. I was extremly proud of her the day we got over a foot of snow, she walked right through her. Her Kohler Command just purring away! Best part is I no longer have snow flying back in my face!:):)! Can't wait till the next storm. She was begging me to take her out to play. Oh what am I kidding, I wanted to play too LOL!sm03 Yeah I love my cab, I can see why everyone has one, I won't go with out one anymore. Just got to make a few minor changes and put a blue flashing light on the roof! Take Care Jason B

HOLY SHOOT BATMAN that's a big shoot! The cab looks great!!! What brand of blower is on the tractor? I like the weight box in the back, what's it filled with? Dan

quote:
Originally posted by PeppyDan
HOLY SHOOT BATMAN that's a big shoot! The cab looks great!!! What brand of blower is on the tractor? I like the weight box in the back, what's it filled with? Dan
The brand of blower is a WhiteMckee. It was orginally built in Elmira Ontario, Canada. The blower used to be a 3 point hitch blower that was on the back of a 24hp Kbouta Compact. We just converted it to fit the front of the 1920. Yeah it is a fairly big shoot, but she throws the snow far. I have plans to rebuild the shoot at a later date, so she will be able to ajust the distance of how far the snow thows. Shes got a big fan in her too, a little bit bigger then the stock fan on the OEM two Stage blower for the 1920. The weight box is a cement block on the iron beams coming out from the back. Only wished I had diff lock, but with the weight and chains she really works well. Take Care Jason B

quote:
Originally posted by Willy
Looks like you get a wee bit of drifting up your way,but the 1920h seams to take it in stride. Merry Christmas.
Hi Yeah we got a ton of snow in that last storm that went through our area and NY state last weekend. The drift was kind of big, so I had to cut the bank down with a hand shovel and then move the snow with the 1920. Drift cutters on the ends of the blower would help, but I have never bothered with installing them. Still she goes through a foot of snow with ease. Before getting my current Two Stage blower for her, I was looking & in fact bought an old single stage Sears blower that I was going to convert to fit. But then a deal came up on the used 2 stage blower and went that route. Glad I went with the two Stage blower though. She can really move the snow. With the snow we have gotten lately, makes me wish I had a 4X4 Legacy with Loader standing by to cut back the banks with. Take Care Jason B

Jason, Your cab looks Great.I like the blower that you have on the tractor.Looks like you give her a workout.Keep the pictures coming..You wouldnt be sorry if you had a XL with loader.I love my AGCO 2027 with loader. Have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. AGCO 918

quote:
Originally posted by AGCO918
Jason, Your cab looks Great.I like the blower that you have on the tractor.Looks like you give her a workout.Keep the pictures coming..You wouldnt be sorry if you had a XL with loader.I love my AGCO 2027 with loader. Have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. AGCO 918
Hi I will try to get more pictures at work after this storm is suppost to move through. Yeah another 1920 with loader & diff lock or a Legacy would really work well. Or I could go like Nubian and buy a Duetz 5215 4X4 and blower. Nearly bought a 5215 with a blower and a cab a few years back. But I do love my 1920. Take Care Jason B PS: You have a Merry Christmas as well.

I got the 918 A-A that I mow the farm with. Good tractor other than engine. SHARP tractor.Looks like it has had a good life.8D

Nice looking rig, that cab and blower both look like they ware made for the 1920. Very nice work on your part! As a deaf old man I am also very pleased to see you are smart enough to use hearing protection when working around damaging noise. ^^ When I was young we didn't appreciate how little it takes to cause permanent hearing damage. Cudo's to you!!dOddOd

How much does that blower weigh? Does the 1920 hydraulics lift it with no problem? Did you say 5215 w/cab! I'm still looking for one (cab)even pictures of one.

quote:
Originally posted by Nubian
How much does that blower weigh? Does the 1920 hydraulics lift it with no problem? Did you say 5215 w/cab! I'm still looking for one (cab)even pictures of one.
Hi Not sure exactly how much it weighs, a lucky guess would be around 250kgs. The 1920's hydrolics lift her just fine, no problem what so ever. I only made it so that it would lift high enough to clear the curbs. She handles her just fine. Yeah the 5215 I saw had a hard side cab with vinyl doors. She was 4X4 and had the same sized blower on the front as my 1920 does. Sweet looking out fit. This was back in 04. Did not have a Digital Camera back then, so I could not get pictures. I think she had around 950hrs and was Hydrostatic. Dealer wanted $12,500 Canadian for it, so I had to pass on it unfortunately, sure wished I could have brought her home. Comet 66, yeah I find the hearing protection to really be a benifit especially with the cab. It is quite noicy in there with out one. I use hearing protection when I am runing my lawn roller, cutting grass, and leaf pickup. There is an odd time when I acidently forget to bring a pair with me or something comes up unexpectingly. 99.5% of the time I wear hearing protection. Take Care Jason B

Hi Just a quick picture of the special modified bracket I made to allow the cab to fit and sit on the tractor with out having to drill into the frame. This bracket in turn is bolted on the rear of the tractor in front of the weight box. More pictures of the adaption process will follow when time allows. I applopgies for the cab doors, in a haste to get the cab ready the doors were put on incorrectly, we have since changed the doors to what they should be. In the next snow storm, I will try and get more pictures! Take Care Jason B