Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GWGAllisfan

B-110, A little further progress

GWGAllisfan
I had earlier shown some work on my B-110 here [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=89084[/url] I was able to get a Motor mounted and the drive-line together, even heard it run for a few seconds on Brake cleaner, Since my gas tank needs further cleaning, extended running may be a while yet.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_2119_smaller.jpg[/img]
Guess I should have painted the carb, too.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_2120_smaller.jpg[/img]
I also have the PTO drive cleaned and painted, ready to assemble and install. Still have to do the wiring and Plumbing, And clean up the Grille area, but it's getting there.

UCD
Brake cleaner is not a good thing to be using in a combustion chamber It removes the lubrication from the cylinder walls and will score them. Carb cleaner is designed to be burned in the combustion chamber brake cleaner is not. To much brake cleaner can cause the engine to seize.

GWGAllisfan
Got a little more done on the Saturday before Christmas.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_2173_smaller.jpg[/img]
Wiring the switch was a lot of fun, since the old harness was shot, I had to do each individually.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_2176_Switch_detail.jpg[/img]
Making it more fun was that I only had a cheap test light to test the circuits. (Then I got a multi-meter in my presents Tuesday, which I didn't think the wife had understood when I asked for it!) Had a lot of trouble with crimp connectors pulling out, too PTO and seat pan mounted:
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_2174_smaller.jpg[/img]
Although the DA912 seat pan was the same size: SURPRISE the brackets are different, so had to drill it to fit:
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_2177_seatpan.jpg[/img]
It appears the 7000 series has the same brackets, but the pivot moves the pan about 1 1/2" forward on the 7100 series. I was hoping to get the fuel tank mounted, but when I did a final rust removal rinse, I found a pinhole leak, so I took it to a local radiator shop for repair. It's getting there...I'd hoped to be done by Christmas...

D-17_Dave
Randy, try these out. I've used crimpers like this for years and I'm always been very pleased.
[img]http://www.service.kleintools.com/Marketing/Catalog_Imagery/1005_icon.jpg[/img]
Klein tools crimper available at most home supply stores.

acken
Looks good. I have been bead blasting my carbs, but not painting them. Seems they discolor later no matter what if they are painted. Thats an interesting tire on the rear, what are they from?

GWGAllisfan
Acken, The rear tires are Chen shen 4 ply 23x8.50-12NHS. I don't know where they came from, but they were on the tractor when I got it, and hold air. I don't really like the looks of them, and would have replaced them with some regular turfs, but just didn't want to spend to replace them since they seem servicable.

Robert Kehoe
I just got a very good set of crimpers for Christmas. Have not had a chance to use the yet. I have been having problems also with the wires pulling out. Hope the new ones work....

RedbarnRick
This may be a little late, but there are waterproof crimp connectors available at Menards and Napa that once you crimp them, you heat it with a heat gun or lighter, and hot melt glue and heat shrink plastic seal the wire in for good, I redid my entire boat with these and only had one let loose. Both places sell plastic wire loom in several sizes to realy neaten up and protect the wiring. Oh and you progress looks great!