Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
perry

help identify off topic tractor

perry
i got this old bolens and am looking for what model number it is. i do not see any tags and i dont have the body panels. gas tank and cables appear to be fabricated. got any clues?. [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/apriltractors007-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/apriltractors005-1.jpg[/IMG]

HTews
It looks like a 1050 bolens. My dad has one that looks very simular. The throttle and choke are normally on the consol that looks like it is missing. His has a wisconsin engine in it. His is also a hydrostatic.

PeppyDan
I thought it was a 1050 at first also, but they had a little different fender and I think they had a tube frame. My brother had a 1050 about 15 years ago and I am going off my memory that one and my memory could be wrong. The fenders look newer to me. Dan

Al
Hi, I agree with Dan. I almost bought a new Bolens 10-50 around 1968 and it had the 2 pipe frame and a Wisconsin. This looks newer to me. I am NO expert on Bolens. After I bought my Wards Squire 10, I forgot all about Bolens. On thing I do remember about them, they used a very small diameter pulley on the starter generator to be able to crank the engine without a compression relief. I can't say for sure about the 10 hps, but when repowering from the larger Wisconsin engines, they operate at and are rated at 2800 rpm. instead of 3600 If you try to replace them with the new big block V twins etc, and turn the governors down to maintain correct equipment rpms you are looking for the possibility of heating failures, and much less than rated hp. I talked to both Kohler and Briggs applications engineering people on this issue when down to Louisville at the Outdoor Power Expo in October. Of course, a skid loader that is turned up from 2800 to 3600 should be very lively. Happy Holidays, what the heck, Merry Christmas also. Al Eden