Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deutz-Allis Ultima 1920 finished- with pics!

kevindb85

This was just a quick clean up and paint. Made sure it was mechanically sound, replaced a few parts, not a full resto. The humble beginnings...

And the finished product...

Didn't turn out too bad, and I have less than $450 in it.

Hi I agree, you did a great job on painting her up! Looks like she just rolled off the sales room floor. Are you going to paint the foot rests before putting the rubber padding back on? How does the 1920 handle the 60 inch deck. I have been iffy about putting a 60 inch deck on my 1920H. How many hrs are on your two tractors? I agree with Josh, they are a sharp looking tractor. Theres a lonely DA 1920 sitting in a snow bank at my local Dealer. I am Trying to find a way to give her a good home, not sure how my effort will go. Dealers asking $500.00 Canadian for it, I may try to see if he will take $450 for it. Just spent close to a thousand on the cab, so I am iffy about spending more money. Paint on her is in 100% shape. Take Care Jason B

Jason The foot rest area already has pads on them, they just are not the original ones, that's why they are bigger. The PO glued them down with something that holds like they are welded in place, so for now I am just leaving them alone. As for the 60 inch deck, I have 3 of these tractors now, all with 60" decks, and the big deck does not slow them down at all. The hours vary from unknown, to 740, to 1300. All still run fine.

Really the only reason to run a smaller deck on these tractors is if it is a space issue, not being able to store one that size, or it won't fit on a lot of places on your property.

Nice lookin Deutz Allis!!! Another reason for running a smaller deck is they don't scalp the lawn as easy. I can get a better looking cut on the side of my hills with the 48" deck but the 60" deck is faster. Dan

quote:
Originally posted by PeppyDan
Nice lookin Deutz Allis!!! Another reason for running a smaller deck is they don't scalp the lawn as easy. I can get a better looking cut on the side of my hills with the 48" deck but the 60" deck is faster. Dan
That's true. I never really think of the scalping issue. All my property is flat, so it's not a problem for me.

Hi Interesting That the 1920 handles the 60 inch deck fine. I had a 425 Deere AWS with 60 inch deck and it ran out of power in heavy grass. It had a 20hp Kawaski liquid cooled gas engine in it. I went up to a 455 AWS with 22hp Diesel and handles it fine in tall grass. After the experince with my 20hp 425 Deere, I was a little iffy that my 1920 would be able to handle a 60 inch, after the experince with the 425. I take it, you guys with 60 inch decks on your Sunstar/Ultimas cut your grass often enough, that the grass is short enough for her to handle. What's the tallest( in inches) grass that you have cut with your 1920/Sunstars with 60 inch decks? Problem I have is some of my customers like their grass cut every two weeks( instead of every week. to save money) They also put fertilizer down and if we get a good rain the grass grows. Some of the lots, I run both my 455 Deere AWS with 60 inch deck & Agco Allis 1920H with 48 inch deck. I would like to put a 60" on the 1920 so that I could get done faster and move to the next job, but was concerned the 1920 lacked power for a 60 inch deck. Take Care JB