Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

There is a Santa!!!

HTews

Saw an add in the paper last week a guy was selling some lawn tractor. Finally had a chance to go look at what he had on Saturday. And saw the below tractor sitting there. The guy wasn't home and the wife said it was sold already and she said they sold it for $30, but to call back on Monday and see if the guy picked it up and if not I could buy it. Called today and talked to the guy and he said it was not sold and he wanted $50 for everything(sickle bar, mower deck and snowplow), needless to say I was at the guys house in 15min. Loaded in 30min(took 20min to get it out of the snowbank). Side
[img]/club2/attach/HTews/Tractor1.jpg[/img]
Front
[img]/club2/attach/HTews/Tractor2.jpg[/img]
I also have to give a big thanks to my wife for lending me the money from her slush fund to buy it. She doesn't really understand my addiction, but I am ever so grateful that she puts up with it. Thanks Honey!

:O $50 wow! thats a great score. looks to be in good shape. nice job. who ever the other guy was is a fool for letting that one slip by.

Thanks Everyone. :D Deals like this around this area usually don't happen. He had more tractors that he was trying to sell. I told him to give me a call if he could not get rid of them. Roy, I always try to be good to the wife.:D I'm going to have to be extra good this next year.sm01 Here is a little more information on the tractor. It appears to be a 1963 or 1964 Landlord MFG 990314 Serial# 36-113C The engine is not original, nor is the seat. The deck is not froze and all adjustments points are free. The sickle bar is all there except for the pulley and bracket for the cable lift. It's froze but I will see what happens when I get it inside and the ice thaws off. The PO did say he was using it up until last year when the PTO had problems The plow is in decent condition. The lift arm needs some help but its not bad. It has the 3" pulley on it for the rear PTO. The frame has been welded at the Bevel Gear box. I will up date with more as I progress with it.

I would say keep on doin' what you are doin' cause Santa is pleased! Sounds like you owe the other half a nice meal out on the town for being so nice!;) Awesome score, did the chicken nest come with it?

You got a very good looking tractor,& a Great Deal to say the least.Looks like it has been taken care & has straight sheet metal from the picture.Good luck with your Christmas present.

Wow Howard! That's a score im anybodys book! Enjoy your new tractor and send just a little of your good luck down to Kentucky. I've washed out on bargains this year. Larry

great find! Now you have another excuse to show up at the local water hole to B.S. about your new find. The date: Feb 16th. See below. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=88379