Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tractorguy

ag tire ?

tractorguy
looking to put AG tires in the rear of a 6216. going to use it for mowing and general yard work. what would be the best tire to use, going to be 23/10.5/12 's. what would be better, a tru power or the super lugs pattern or any other ideas.thanks.

Chris727
I would say the super lugs should be fine for yard work, if you're going to be mowing with it you don't want anything that is too aggressive or it may tear up your lawn a little, especially if wet.

tractorguy
which one would have more traction. will be using it to go up some slopes,through some mud, using it like its a tractor.which would be the best all around tire. don't want to tear up the lawn, but also want it to go where i want to go with out getting stuck, and have the traction to pull what i want to pull.

PatrickE
I have 10.5 tru-powers on my 3416H, keep them on all year round, they are nice for mowing, don't tear up the ground. I mow some slopes and off camber stuff and I don't spin at all. I can back up ditch slopes even if its damp. I have them full of w/w fluid and push snow with them too, no chains or extra weights either.

kevindb85
The Tru-powers have the bars spaced closer together, so should provide a little more traction than the Super lugs. The Tru-powers also have a sharper shoulder. I personally use the Superlugs because I like the looks better and I like the more rounded shoulder. They are within a few dollars of each other, and the difference in traction should not be all that much. Either way I would fill them with fluid, and you will be alright.

HubbardRA
Marty, I am not looking for any at the moment. I was just asking, since back when I was tractor pulling, everyone griped when we were limited to the 10.5 tires in a class, because of the angle of the lugs. You couldn't get a 10.5 inch tire with the shallower angle that was on the 12 inch tires.

albj93
Put me down for a vote for the Carlisle Tru-Powers. I have them on my 7790 diesel and the 3416. Also filled with washer fluid. The tire/bar edge of the Tru-Powers seem to sit square on the ground instead of the rounded edges of the Super lugs that I have on the B-10..

dirtsaver
I have some old Goodyears(23x10.50x12)on the 17GTH-L we use for mowing(the tread is closer to the superlug)and find it fine for mowing and other chores. They do fine pulling loads uphill and do not tear up the yard as bad as turf tires do. On the other tractors I use for snow work,garden plowing and such I use the tru-powers. I feel they have a better bite due to the cleat angle. Anyway,that's what works for me. Larry