Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Arm Rest Kit for 2006 Broadmoor?

Is there a seat arm rest kit available for a 2006 Broadmoor model 2690275? My two local dealers say no, yet the 2005 Simplicity Master Parts Price List shows p/n 1686907 as an arm rest kit for the "New Style" Broadmoor. Now I'm confused!!! Perhaps some of you club members who are also Simplicity dealers are more knowledgeable than my local guys. By the way, p/n 1686907 shows up as a good number on Jack's Small Engine database, so I know it's available...I just don't know if it will fit on my tractor. Any advice would be much appreciated. Old-Prospector

RayS

Do you have the 15" seat back or the 18" seat back? I have a prestige that has the 18" seat back. The part number for my seat is 1722307 and the part number for the 15" seat is 1722306. Either way according to the picture you should beable to install the arm rest kit part number 1686907.

Thanks Ray. My seat is 15" p/n 1722306, so it looks like this kit will fit. Have you installed one on your Prestige? The reason I ask is that after reading the instructions you posted, it looks like each armrest mounts to the plastic seat pan with 3 clip nuts and screws. My question is - is this a strong mounting? It should be fine when you are seated on the tractor, but you can put a fair amount of pull on an armrest when mounting or dismounting the tractor. I'd hate to crack a chunk out of the plastic seat pan! :-(