Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

crankshaft sleeve protector

McGill

I have been thinking about restoring my grandfather's B-10. I remember the crankshaft having a white rubber sleeve protecting the end where it protrudes through the grill. Does anyone know if these are still available through Agco Allis or if they are available elsewhere? I know this seems excessive, but with the advent of really nice decal sets through Wells, etc., why not go the whole distance? Thanks, Colin

Hello Colin, I have seen them on Ebay brand new listed as a crankshaft guard,I believe. I think they were listed by a dealer, so you may want to check with your local dealer. Chris Thompson

I too wanted the lift handle and protector and placed a wanted add with only one answer. So when I saw them on EBAY I was happy!!! However I think the first one sold for $25.00 and I bid on the second one got got outbidded immediately. I guess there is a dealer who either has some NOS or found a supplier who makes them. And I guess he wants $$$ I can see MAYBE $15.00 for a white one but I will put a black one on!

Thanks for the input guys! I guess that I will have to look a little to find these - but in the grand scheme of things, these little rubber protectors are not that important! The wild increase in asking (and receiving) prices for used/old parts for these tractors has blown me away. The same is happening with old Cub Cadets! Who would have thought that someone on ebay would bid up a set of front headlights for a Cub Cadet original to almost $150. A couple of years ago, I bought an entire tractor for $40, with the headlights!! I have witnessed this happen with muscle cars, old pick-up trucks, farm tractors, now this. Pretty soon the little Ertl garden tractor replicas will be getting expensive (oh, I'm sorry, that's already happening too.) I guess I never thought that my beer budget would turn into champagne taste - Ha! Thanks again, Colin

Thought it was just me. Some of the toy models are selling for more than the real thing. Go figure!!! I also think the price and quality of new equipment, and www clubs such as this, are generating interest in older tractors that didn't exist before. Price reflects supply and demand.