Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis 720 fuel pump conversion

AC_TOY_BOY

A belated Merry Christmas to the Club Members and a Happy "Hunting" New Year. I have an Allis 720, and after it sits for a while it is very hard to get started. It seems that it has no gas in carb,as I squirt some in and away it goes. I am planning on converting to an electric fuel pump and shut off valve. Will this help? Where do I find an electric fuel pump and what size is required? Do I remove the old fuel pump and plate off the hole or just leave the old one there. Any help or other info regarding this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The electric fuel pump I put on my 4040 is a puralator #pro 452, bought at the local NAPA store. Seems spec were like 1.5-3 psi, don't recall for sure though. It works great, my oem pump leaked gas into the oil, I just capped off the fittings with rubber plugs and left it in place. Don't see any need for a fuel shutoff valve.

I removed the old pump and installed a plate to allow better access to the carb. I also took power from a relay I had installed to supply power to the radio and trailer.

Just so you know there is a complete thread on all the pro's and con's of changing these pumps in the club's Technical forum. But you'll need to be a paid member to access this section.